Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Search Engine Optimisation

Our award winning Dealer Management System company who built our site and who are good in general have cocked up and we have been locked out of the Google search engine since we launched.They unfortunateley failed to understand the importance of our home page which is dedicated to buying in stock.They are doing their  best to rectify things but I am not entirely confident.I have spoken to one local SEO company who claim they can do wonderfull things for £500 per month.However in the small print of their contract it states they cannot guarantee any results which they claim are normal terms in their industry.Considering we are starting from zero,you can imagine I have reacted negatively to their terms of business.

Can any of you guys give me any advice or recommend any reliable people who can deliver a SEO service for cheaper money.

We're with Clickdealer. 

Were nowhere to be seen online previously, since changing we're #1 to #3 for most search terms in the local area.

Trade vet, can you name the £500 PM company? Did they specify what's included for the £500 ie Google optimisation/site optimisation/image optimisation etc etc? Although I'm famous for being a useless newcomer to this forum I actually know a fair bit about SEO so I may be able to help if you need it, I'm at shrimpwebdesign.co.uk 

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

We're with Clickdealer. 

Were nowhere to be seen online previously, since changing we're #1 to #3 for most search terms in the local area.

Thank you

12 minutes ago, MrV said:

Trade vet, can you name the £500 PM company? Did they specify what's included for the £500 ie Google optimisation/site optimisation/image optimisation etc etc? Although I'm famous for being a useless newcomer to this forum I actually know a fair bit about SEO so I may be able to help if you need it, I'm at shrimpwebdesign.co.uk 

The local company have demonstrated how we are locked out and something about H1 and H2 and we apparently only have one or two links compared with a competitor who has 150 more and who are also a local car buying site.So we are not optimised for what we are doing.

I see your people are also charging £500p/m ,so why bother selling cars Mr V.

17 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Thank you

The local company have demonstrated how we are locked out and something about H1 and H2 and we apparently only have one or two links compared with a competitor who has 150 more and who are also a local car buying site.So we are not optimised for what we are doing.

I see your people are also charging £500p/m ,so why bother selling cars Mr V.

That's for complete website design Vet, well you probably think what a load of bollocks but I am happy to have a look at it for you, free of charge, it might help to put you in a better position to see the best way to fix your issues then at least you know exactly what the SEO company need to do, just an offer to help you out 

9 minutes ago, MrV said:

That's for complete website design Vet, well you probably think what a load of bollocks but I am happy to have a look at it for you, free of charge, it might help to put you in a better position to see the best way to fix your issues then at least you know exactly what the SEO company need to do, just an offer to help you out 

Thank you Mr V,we know what they have to do,produce results.I do not need to know the technical stuff,that is beyond me.Thank you again for your offer.

2 hours ago, grant8064 said:

We're with Clickdealer. 

Same here TV. Click Dealer handle this for us also. You haven’t got to do it every month if you don’t want. You can bang in a six month campaign maybe and see how you go? 

It certainly has worked for us, and I notice an equiry /click to/through drop off when we’ve paused it  

It’s a long game though, and it will take time to build your brand as I you know you will be aware. 

Website is important,but getting people to your website is the hard bit, and I would say- more important bit. 

They will push search result phrases for you as required. e.g. ‘sell my car/buy my car’etc. as well as tell you what is being searched for. 

15 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Same here TV. Click Dealer handle this for us also. You haven’t got to do it every month if you don’t want. You can bang in a six month campaign maybe and see how you go? 

It certainly has worked for us, and I notice an equiry /click to/through drop off when we’ve paused it  

It’s a long game though, and it will take time to build your brand as I you know you will be aware. 

Website is important,but getting people to your website is the hard bit, and I would say- more important bit. 

They will push search result phrases for you as required. e.g. ‘sell my car/buy my car’etc. as well as tell you what is being searched for. 

Thank you