Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

autel maxicheck pro obd reader , just bought

That is most likely because he did a proper apprenticeship like myself and others of that era ;)

All these young NVQ wallers are mostly clueless bastards, yeah, there are some who have gone the extra mile, but when taking on staff it's a lottery these days ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

That is most likely because he did a proper apprenticeship like myself and others of that era ;)

All these young NVQ wallers are mostly clueless bastards, yeah, there are some who have gone the extra mile, but when taking on staff it's a lottery these days ;)

Although he’s been battling with fat fingers and no room on a Mercedes OM651 inlet manifold today. 

Had one of these yet Dave? With a snapped bolt and a crack in the bottom of the manifold. 

Dtc for air leak and soot accumulation. 

Smoke tester showed plumes coming from underneath lots of pipe work, filters, plastics, hoses, wiring etc....

Another wonderful part ex wedged up us! 

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

Had one of these yet Dave? With a snapped bolt and a crack in the bottom of the manifold. 

Oh, I had one last year, the manifold from MB was cheap I thought (£350ish?), parts guy said they had 4 on the shelf... 

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Oh, I had one last year, the manifold from MB was cheap I thought (£350ish?), parts guy said they had 4 on the shelf... 

I rang our local Merc (cars) dealer, they wanted to sell me it complete with swirl flap motor for £350 plus the vat, then I rang the local Merc (vans) and got the manifold and all gaskets required for £120 inc vat. 

9 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

I mean this in the nicest way ;)

He sounds like a mate of mine bless him, with a Workshop fairly local to me. 

He always tells me "These modern Cars are shit, what was wrong with Carburettors, Points and Condensers anyway" :) 

Sends me all the cars with the "Devils Work" ;)

Pretty much nailed that spot on.

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

In a nutshell Dave.. but non the less a clear description of why there is a need for a decent apprenticeship in any vocation.. with it you'll go far, no short cuts to getting the best

results...  thanks for the extra detail on diag readers - I'm certainly getting a further education here! Much appreciated. Thanks

16 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Turns out i am useless and need to go to Specsavers..... the one I incorrectly have ordered doesn't have swirl flaps in it, It is £360 all in for the right one :(

Sounds to me like you bought a Sprinter one (they don't have Flaps) :lol:

Bloody Cheapskate :D

43 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Sounds to me like you bought a Sprinter one (they don't have Flaps) :lol:

Bloody Cheapskate :D

I know, Ive done a deal and put it back in part ex..... :ph34r: