Sign in to follow this  
BrokerMan

Anyone here have much experience on brokering new cars?

Hi guys

Anyone here have any experience new car brokering?

It's something we're looking at - but with the likes of CarWow making just £200 a car, is there really money to be made as an independent?

They rely on bulk sales with no legwork rather than the more traditional car broker route of actually talking with customers, but this is the age of digital communication.

Anyone here tried it, or involved in it?

Either no one has experience or its a booming business and no one wants to give their secrets away! Personally I can't see it working - a lot of very competitive deals already available from dealers , would need massive investment to get the name out in the market place. any thoughts anyone else? 

I thought it would be a great idea. I started it, tried a little marketing...... next to no uptake. It isn't easy money at all , it is difficult to sell a new car to someone when they are not in a main dealer show room environment, there are no demos , no fabric swatches, no colour boards. and then at the end of it all, you are left with not much money.

If I get an enquiry about new cars, or I hear customers discussing new cars in servicing then I will show them real examples of depreciation in the first year or 2 and try and put them off buying new and then they usually end up ordering a 2 or 3 year old with me. Obviously a lot more money to be made doing it that way.

Common view i hear is that new cars make money through the service bays. So brokering them on without the additional revenue from teh back office is always gpoiong to be a challeng. Don't get me wrong, people can make it work, but most of these through high volume or leasing i think