Sign in to follow this  
Marc

P2008 code on duretec he 2.0l

Hi, sorry if treating this like a mechanics forum . Ive got a mondeo causing me headaches. 

Few weeks back I serviced the car, the 4th spark plug/coil well was full of oil so I changed plugs, coils and valve cover gasket. Took for quick drive and all seemed good. However today the eml has come on with p2008. Car is using a lot of petrol.. My thoughts are pcv and this is what probably buggerred the gasket to begin with??? The car idles fine but power isn't what it should be. I don't want to be replacing solenoid valve unnecessarily then finding pcv is real issue. 

Opinions greatly appreciated 

That looks like a generic code to me, what diagnostics tool are you using? 

18 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Intake Manifold Runner Control Valve ;)

Why are you helping somebody that cant help themselves...?

A simple code lookup on google brings up a video on how to fix it......

We get several head scratchers that we cant google cos they are fresh on a 3 year old car that even the dealers havent seen yet ......

OUCH !!

I would and have done the same for others here with with more than a handful of posts, none of you are in my immediate area and therefore it would not be losing me any business by doing so. I have enough work without needing to tout on any Forum for more business anyways.

I even help MB Indie guys in USA with Mercedes Faults, and they help me back when I've got a head scratcher !! That is, or should be IMHO how it works :)

This is, as you rightly say, quite a common knowledge fault !! Clearly Marc hasn't had this before, but he has got to his "Advanced Member Post quota", so I'll tell him what I know freely ;)

FFS this isn't MI5, it's the motor trade :lol:

I wouldn't help a 1 post noobie Billy who had just signed on here to get info quickly.

Mind, I don't believe half what You Tube says, there are some right "Tubes" on that :(

Have to sort the wheat from the chaff if going on there :lol::lol::lol:

5 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

OUCH !!

I would and have done the same for others here with with more than a handful of posts, none of you are in my immediate area and therefore it would not be losing me any business by doing so. I have enough work without needing to tout on any Forum for more business anyways.

I even help MB Indie guys in USA with Mercedes Faults, and they help me back when I've got a head scratcher !! That is, or should be IMHO how it works :)

This is, as you rightly say, quite a common knowledge fault !! Clearly Marc hasn't had this before, but he has got to his "Advanced Member Post quota", so I'll tell him what I know freely ;)

FFS this isn't MI5, it's the motor trade :lol:

I wouldn't help a 1 post noobie Billy who had just signed on here to get info quickly.

Mind, I don't believe half what You Tube says, there are some right "Tubes" on that :(

Have to sort the wheat from the chaff if going on there :lol::lol::lol:

I was maybe a little harsh... ill help anyone that genuinely tries to help themselves first.....

7 hours ago, Marc said:

I don't want to be replacing solenoid valve unnecessarily then finding pcv is real issue. 

The valves can be picked up for under £20 on ebay!

No worries, FWIW you will maybe notice an absence of reply from me to the Reject post ;)

Perhaps Marc has been bitten in the past by a Google diagnosis, I know many of my Customers have, ;) he clearly knew the Solenoid valve was a suspect ;) 

Lol cmon! My scanner told Me what the code means but if it was as straightforward as that cars would be easy to fix.

I didn't have the code before replacing the gasket which leads me to believe the real fault isn't the solenoid valve. 

Basically what I'm asking ..could a hollow pcv valve create manifold vacuum and create the p2008 code