Sign in to follow this  
Philip Nothard

Consumers spend more time discussing cars on forums than on @twitter

Does not surprise me at all...

You can have an in-depth conversation on a forum, ask question etc. Can't do that on Twatter!

If you read the Pistonhead's forum I can see where all that time goes !!! A brilliant example of a forum and a great example of how the human mind works!!!!  After reading it you notice all the problems in the world are solved if you buy a Saab !!!!!

I delved into it the other day as they shared one of our stories from SuperUnleaded.com and my god it scared me. How it manages to escalate into an argument so quickly between the posters was amazing. I'm glad this forum manages to keep things polite.

The problem with lots forums in general is that a large percentage of what is written is simply made up. Classics on PH include, a BMW M3 E46 isn't a quick car, the BMW 1 Series is based on a Rover and Saab's are good !!! The next problem is that a certain percentage of people believe what is written !!!  

We walk amongst these people daily, added to the fact these people always find us at Christmas parties and talk the same rubbish. To counter this I now tell people I'm an Accountant. 

Forums are great for in depth info, but also terrible for scaremongering. 996 Bore scoring is one example, if you read the forums all the N/A 996's out there have or will blow up, the reality is that less than 1% have a problem according to analysis.

I love owners forums, but the problem is, its mostly teh people with problems who are most vocal !