Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Stop/start on corsa

Got a corsa 1.2 ecoflex and stop/start isn't working. Any particular things to check other than obvious?Battery is good, dehumidifier for windows is off. Button stays yellow when activated and engine stays active 

Edited by Marc

Got a 2013 honda civic petrol with the same issue. Battery is fine but start stop warning still thrown up

Although the battery seems fine get a good battery tester that can test AGM batteries. If the battery is in less than stellar condition, the first thing to pack up is the stop start.

IVe replaced 4-5 BMW batteries that start perfectly but fail the AGM test on our tester.

I did an inordinate amount of reading about this one because I was looking at buying a car with a stop start fault light on and all roads led back to the battery 

12 minutes ago, EPV said:

I did an inordinate amount of reading about this one because I was looking at buying a car with a stop start fault light on and all roads led back to the battery 

Totally agree. My £150 battery tester was one of my best ever purchases.

ANY modern car with electrical fault codes, the very first thing I do is test the battery. Any voltage drop can play havoc with electrical systems.

I sold an Audi a few years ago. The customer brought it back to me about 8 months later. The ABS light would flash on for 30 seconds with an audible warning after starting. He didnt expect it under warranty but was worried because the Audi main dealer told him either strip the dash or possible abs pump failure. I put some jump leads on the original battery and started the car. No abs warning.

Put on a new battery and the car has been fine ever since. Customer could have spent a grand or more with Audi.

Slightly off topic, but can anyone recommend a good battery charger for stop/start AGM batteries? Having a lot of issues with stop start not working lately and the batteries are extortionate.

24 minutes ago, DHill said:

Slightly off topic, but can anyone recommend a good battery charger for stop/start AGM batteries? Having a lot of issues with stop start not working lately and the batteries are extortionate.

no :lol:

thing is an alternator cant put in 100% charge

i had an undi i1o earlier this year that had all this stop start garbage on it and it wouldnt work

it needed 95 % charge apparently to work

fortunately the savvy customers had done their homework and agreed the system was a joke to appease tree tossers

13 hours ago, DHill said:

LMAO .......................

You can't polish a turd .........................

Translated, you won't get a fucked battery to take a full charge.

Battery is wanked, change it, replacement AGMs can be had from around £130 up depending on size.

• Like 1

/\ /\ /\ +1

Cranking, especially on a cold start draws far more current than anything else, so as soon as that Engine starts cranking, an old Batterys Voltage will drop significantly and modern modules will flag all sorts of Codes related to Low Voltage, on comes the Xmas Tree Lights ;)

First started seeing this in circa 2000 MB's, Start Engine, Transmission is in limp mode, new Battery and Reset TCU job done, try explaining that to Billy Bunter more so back then .....................

"There's nothing wrong with the battery, it always starts" was always their  response !!

I would reply, "OK pay me £1500 to rebuild the Transmission then if it makes you feel any better" :lol: 

/\ /\ /\ LIKE

LOL, yeah I've had witchcraft window syndrome ;)

Funnily enough, having owned a few, I actually think the later Post Facelift W203, the 220CDI is absolutely excellent value for money Car, proviced it has been properly looked after!!

I bought a mint one in limp mode to sell 3 years ago, (Turbo Actuator fault), paid buttons, fixed it for pence, and when Mel and I drove it we just had to keep it, it's "Her" Car now, and even I love it ;)

OK, it's not a patch on my 06 W220 S55K, nor a patch on our new AMG line Diesel E Class, but it is a very good little car ;) 

The E Class, as well as my workshop Van (Pug Expert) are my Daily Drivers, the S Class is my "Baby" a project car, started as a resurrection, which is now getting a lot of very expensive and subtle mods, gets used once a week for "special occasions" and trips to Nurburgring, Le Mans etc.

I hope to get it over 200mph at The Ring next year, ;) hit well over 190 last year, :) that's where I met my very helpful MB Factory Contacts who took me on a tour round the Factory and AMG Development Workshops..................

I met them when we started talking, they were asking lots of questions and looking over my W220, which wasn't looking it's best then as it needed some Paintwork, but was fully sorted Mechanically and Electronically by then :D

Was indeed the battery. New agm one and all is well. Need to get myself some up to date battery chargers and testing gear. Cheers lads