Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Everything digital 2019 hmrc and invoicing software

Hi guys

I know this has been touched on but Just a few questions on what people are doing?

I've noticed software like QuickBooks has the ability to upload your invoices via your phone etc but unsure whether it will be suitable for a car dealership? Vat margin scheme etc.

With everything digital upon us by April 2019 does anyone use a really good invoicing solution with stock book etc?

I'm struggling with which one to start with.

I'm currently using wave online accounting at present but am fear full this isn't going to cut it

Grant

2 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Hi guys

I know this has been touched on but Just a few questions on what people are doing?

I've noticed software like QuickBooks has the ability to upload your invoices via your phone etc but unsure whether it will be suitable for a car dealership? Vat margin scheme etc.

With everything digital upon us by April 2019 does anyone use a really good invoicing solution with stock book etc?

I'm struggling with which one to start with.

I'm currently using wave online accounting at present but am fear full this isn't going to cut it

Grant

QuickBooks - In a word NO.  

I used to use Sage back in the day and manually calculate all my sales margin but it did track my VAT owed to me from receipts entered.  

Very easy to do but I'm just giving everything to my accountant to sort out.  I just try and spend my time, selling, prepping, etc 

I use QuickBooks. Doesn’t have a VAT margin scheme built in. I just post an adjustment once a quarter to the VAT control account and keep the records in a spreadsheet. HMRC were fine this when we had a check. 

9 hours ago, Mark101 said:

QuickBooks - In a word NO.  

I used to use Sage back in the day and manually calculate all my sales margin but it did track my VAT owed to me from receipts entered.  

Very easy to do but I'm just giving everything to my accountant to sort out.  I just try and spend my time, selling, prepping, etc 

Like, same here.

Hmrc are still to confirm if they will except a modified version of excel 

guess it’s a case of watch this space.

I use Quickbooks, works well for me. I do a VAT margin sale once every blue moon, the accountant manually adjusts.