Just in case you've not seen this , Mary Portas visits a car dealership and shows how its done with some changes to be aired on 17th March 8.00 pm - Will be interesting , I do love watching her programmes , she always has an interesting angle and it will be great to see her perspective on 'retailing of cars' 

Attached is the official article

post-27-0-56146400-1425908899_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Silly cow... Why did it turn into you must keep women customers happy and wanting them to chuck 20 large on some painted scaffolding, 7 was to much.

I'd bang her though, after a few beers.

• Like 1

I watched this with vested interest as I know the business fairly well (no personal involvement, but a family member) and the stories you hear about media twisting things are all too true here it seems.

There were problems with the way the business was set up in my opinion, staffing, presentation of stock and layout were big issues. However my main problems were:

1. One of the 'salesmen' presented on the programme as a problem isn't even a salesmen but the group buyer who has no involvement in the sales process. She might as well have dragged an accountant out and told them how their sales technique is all wrong too. Makes good TV though, right?

2. Mary has zero knowledge of the motor trade which was painfully obvious in the programme for all to see. I know there are basic rules when it comes to selling any product that have to be right (I teach this stuff myself), but if you have no knowledge of how the industry works you can't be best placed to fix it. To listen to some scaremongering about how women feel scared when they go to buy a car isn't a good basis to amend a business.

Lessons learnt by any parties? I doubt it

So who watched tonight's super car program? I enjoyed it but my god was it made by a budget company or what?! So poorly produced. Enjoyed the content though. Hartleys came across really well.