Sign in to follow this  
It's me

work tomorrow can i have a sick note

It's your business mate, if you don't wanna go in, don't.

I've got a handover on a RRS in the morning and I'm buggering off fishing for the afternoon. For fish, for a change, not punters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EPV said:

I've got a handover on a RRS in the morning and I'm buggering off fishing for the afternoon. For fish, for a change, not punters.

I can often be found on a beach in suffolk attempting to feed the fish as much ragworm as they'll eat!:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, met said:

I can often be found on a beach in suffolk attempting to feed the fish as much ragworm as they'll eat!:rolleyes:

Never got into that. 

Just started course fishing again after a 20 year Hiatus. Took my lad today, 7 years old, he liked it and i’ve caught the bug. Have to start again from scratch so will be using a 10ft junior rod tomorrow in search of slightly less than monster bream and tench. 

Beach fishing looks hard work to me. 

*re-caught the bug 

32 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

What type of fishing do you do? 

As above mate. 

Was happy just to pull out some 4-6” roach and Rudd and a pound bream, to give my boy an idea of what it’s all about. 

When I was 20 I broke my rod on a cattle fence, casting out. Never took it back up again. 

I didn’t catch the cow, either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EPV said:

Make sure you turn your phone off.. RRS = boomerang :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Make sure you turn your phone off.. RRS = boomerang :lol:

Not this one mate, i’ve had all sorts done to it and had it on an 80 mile drive, it’s pukka. 

Thats what i’m telling myself anyway to save me from sleepless nights...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Not this one mate, i’ve had all sorts done to it and had it on an 80 mile drive, it’s pukka. 

Thats what i’m telling myself anyway to save me from sleepless nights...

its so hard to turn off though

13 hours ago, EPV said:

Never got into that. 

Just started course fishing again after a 20 year Hiatus. Took my lad today, 7 years old, he liked it and i’ve caught the bug. Have to start again from scratch so will be using a 10ft junior rod tomorrow in search of slightly less than monster bream and tench. 

Beach fishing looks hard work to me. 

*re-caught the bug 

As above mate. 

Was happy just to pull out some 4-6” roach and Rudd and a pound bream, to give my boy an idea of what it’s all about. 

When I was 20 I broke my rod on a cattle fence, casting out. Never took it back up again. 

I didn’t catch the cow, either. 

Im carp fishing on commercials, promised myself I would go once a week, its lovely and relaxing

2 hours ago, boring dave said:

its so hard to turn off though

I’m with you on this. I love my job and will never do anything else, being a Motor Trader takes over your life, it becomes your life and I wouldn’t change it for anything. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

Im carp fishing on commercials, promised myself I would go once a week, its lovely and relaxing

It's a bit mechanical to me, I like the idea of catching wild fish in rivers but I can see the attraction of going to a commercial fishery and pulling out monsters, or, in my case a reasonable stream of nice looking Roach and Rudd and a few greedy Perch. Oh, and a big tree.

28 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

its all about the vista :)

sorry?

i'm on windows 10 don't you know:huh:

13 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

its all about the vista :)

The what?

Yeah, no idea what you're on about. I reckon the reason your painter went skint is you've been drinking his thinners