Sign in to follow this  
Dave2302

Pressure Washers

Hi Guys,

Following on from the Pressure Washer discussion in another CDM Forum Thread here's a little info, on how, (hopefully) to get the best out of a Chinese Clone Petrol Pressure Washer ;)

My new one arrived today, 6.5 hp Petrol Pressure Washer, 3000 psi tango_face_grin.png

Yeah, it's a Chinesium Clone, but after reports here that they are still running well after over a year so I thought sod paying £800 - 1000 for a Honda, I bought the one below ......................... £189.89 delivered to my door wink.gif

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SwitZer-Petrol-Power-Pressure-Jet-Washer-3000PSI-6-5HP-Engine-With-Gun-Hose/380330056804?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I won't be using it nearly as much as some of you guys, probably 2-5 Cars weekly,  wink.gif
If it works for a year or 2 then goes bang, I will simply throw it away and buy another big%20laugh.gif

I spent all morning assembling it, built it up real carefully, threw the Chinese Nuts and Bolts in the bin and used workshop Stock Stainless Bolts Nuts and Washers.
I went round it checking / tightening all the bolts etc, and also threw the Chinese Spark Plug in the bin !!
I fitted an NGK BPR8ES Plug, also Coppaslipped all threads that I may need to undo for future Maintenance / small repairs.

I sprayed Waxoyl in all the tubular framework, and used rubber grease on all the O rings on the quick release couplings for lance / nozzles etc etc.

I pumped the Tyres to 26 psi, filled it with fresh Petrol and 5W/40 Mineral Engine Oil, (don't use synthetic in an Air Cooled Chinesium Engine), you want it to run all the "high spots" off !!

I also squirted around 10 cc of Oil down the Spark Plug Hole and pulled the engine over a few turns before putting the new NGK Plug in. You never know, these don't come with any Oil in them, so the Chineesey's may not lube 'em very well when they build 'em tango_face_wink.png First start up of anything is when most wear occurs, just thought I'd give it the best chance I could :D

So I wheeled it outside, plugged my Hosepipe coupler onto it, turned on the Water, Ignition on, Petrol Tap on, Choke on, Pull .............................

Started up first go, a little smoke from the Oil I put down the Bore, for about 5 seconds, then choke off open up throttle and pull the lance trigger, sweet as a nut, not that noisy, doesn't vibrate much and definitely not rattly !!

Very Happy Bunny, a nice little machine for buttons, I'll use it for about 10 car washes or so, then give it an Oil Change and just keep using it tango_face_grin.png

Hope this helps someone ;)

Cheers Dave

I have the exact same one albeit rebranded by yet another importer, paid £169 delivered (but I live in the middle of the country so free postage).

Cracking for the money but mine is a pig to start until warm.  Maybe I should change the plug?

Nice report Dave, to be fair you've done more prep on that thing than some dealers do a piece of stock 

• Like 3

Hi,

Thanks Guys :)

We have 5 Acres of "Heilan" land, kills off Brush Cutters and Lawn Mowers etc I now buy a new Chinesium Brush Cutter every couple of years have done for a while now ;).

I have found those Chinsese Spark Plugs are shite, I actually keep a couple NGK's on the shelf now ;)

Hell yeah, I'd change that plug in yours, £2.11 from my local factor, NGK BPR 8 ES in the Pressure Washer does make a helluva difference to how they start :D

HTH

Oh, BTW I sent the £169 guy an EBay message, he replied that he doesn't post outside UK Mainland, to which I replied that it was his loss and could he please tell me exactly which ferry was needed to get to IV40 8HB from England :D

The one I bought just automatically added the postage on, I don't have a problem with that, yeah we are a remote area, but last time I drove south we were still UK Mainland :lol:

17 hours ago, Mark101 said:

mine is a pig to start until warm

Definitely change the Plug................Might also be worth spending 10 minutes checking the Valve Clearances, QC is always the issue with anything Chinesium ;) 

I'll do mine when it's Run In, as atm it starts first pull :)

17 hours ago, EPV said:

Nice report Dave, to be fair you've done more prep on that thing than some dealers do a piece of stock 

Very true, the last "Car Dealer" we had round here was a prime example, thankfully for the locals he has disappeared now :rolleyes:

i once took apart one of those chinese pump your tyre up jobbies that you connect up to the car battery

the tyre was flat and the tyre slightly off the bead so i left the machine on as i kicked the tyre about trying to get it to seal,anyway the machine stopped

when i dismantled it i found the plastic piston had melted

1 hour ago, boring dave said:

when i dismantled it i found the plastic piston had melted

PMSL :lol:

Have you never tried a can of "Easy Start" and a blowtorch ??????

I shit you not it works a treat in half a second ;)

Impresses the fuck out of by standers too :D

I used to do it all the time on the Volvo Van Hool Bus Tyres, have also done it on certain low profiles on awkward rims that won't seat ;) 

I’ve just bought a small petrol pressure washer off eBay too. Hyundai branded, £240 inc vat ... it’s bloody mint! 

Grand Dave, bloody blow torch, easy start on tyres and liberal splash on copper slip on the washer after smartening up them chink nuts, bolts and washers.... just gets better the further north you go

do my pdi’s Anytime... swoon :)

On 25/08/2018 at 0:30 PM, Dave2302 said:

Have you never tried a can of "Easy Start" and a blowtorch ??????

no mate

i treat tyres very carefully,will never do another split rim and the only tyres  i change now are on my transit or sales cars

got a panda in the other week and the ditchfinders i ordered came flat as crossplies so i just put some innertubes in them overnight and they seated on the rims first puff of the compressor:)

17 minutes ago, boring dave said:

no mate

i treat tyres very carefully,will never do another split rim and the only tyres  i change now are on my transit or sales cars

got a panda in the other week and the ditchfinders i ordered came flat as crossplies so i just put some innertubes in them overnight and they seated on the rims first puff of the compressor:)

I like a challenge, I love it when the lads come through and tell me they can’t fit that shitty tyre you ordered! 

Although I don’t use daves method, I have seen it done... waste of brake cleaner if you ask me.

52 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I like a challenge, I love it when the lads come through and tell me they can’t fit that shitty tyre you ordered! 

Although I don’t use daves method, I have seen it done... waste of brake cleaner if you ask me.

when youve kicked a tyre up and down for an hour you will be looking for the easy start eventually:P

:)

11 hours ago, boring dave said:

when youve kicked a tyre up and down for an hour you will be looking for the easy start eventually:P

Exactly that !!

Whilst I was doing another job, I watched a local fleet owner and his brother plus their workshop muppet retard struggle for 4 hours + with a Van Hool Bus tyre, Ratchet Straps, Bits of Wood, push pull wrestle, ton of sweat, all sorts of shite, no avail !!

So come lunchtime I went down to the local petrol garage and bought a can of sniff, when I got back they're all laughing and taking the piss .................... "Fuck off, that doesn't work" / "Only on Ice Road Truckers" etc etc ..............................

Stand the Wheel flat on top of some old wheel rims, so the floor side is off the ground and gravity is sitting the tyre on the floor side bead.

Now light blow torch a couple feet away from the Tyre, spray Sniff into Tyre through the top bead, slowly going round the gap 2 or 3 times then come over sidewall along ground for 2 ft, quickly turn away and hit the sniff trail with the lit blow torch ............................

BAM !!  Job done :D

They'll not take the piss again