Monkeyzinho

Trade Plate Question - Film?

Hi All

I just received my first ever set of trade plates and I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not but do I need to peel opaque covering from the front? It's quite thick and doesn't not want to peel off. Also what about the sticker from the back?

Thanks!

Ha.  Yes. It should look red on a white background when displayed.  I don't know what sticker you have on the back.  I just stick a rear window sticker on the back of our sets, in case they get mislaid.

ha

i repainted  my alloy ones a few years ago and the patina is spot on now

should sell 1960's a55 's really ,would look mint going up the old north road

I had a good old game getting an edge to roll over before being able to peel the film, but it can and should be done.  My missus with her otherwise impractical false nails saved the day!

How do you folks attach them?

Thanks, that's one kit I have not come across before.  I like the idea of the spring loaded thingies, to date rightly or wrongly I have been chucking the front ones inside the windscreen and cable tying the rears over the existing plates.

48 minutes ago, BAS said:

Thanks, that's one kit I have not come across before.  I like the idea of the spring loaded thingies, to date rightly or wrongly I have been chucking the front ones inside the windscreen and cable tying the rears over the existing plates.

Wrongly but I wouldn’t let it worry you. People on here have been doing that for years. 

The spring loaded clips work nicely and I have the suckers as a back up. 

Kit now purchased, although reckon it is a bit over priced  if you break it down and price up the components. Worth it to me though for the convenience of buying it all together, I couldn't be ar5ed to search around Ali-Express for each part separately!

Edited by BAS