Sign in to follow this  
BHM

Focus CC Roof Temperamental

Focus CC, never had one before, but they look a cheap car to me & the last couple of Megane CC buyers have mentioned they’d like a Focus CC but they’re hard to come by - I often have a cheap cabby sat in stock as they always sell be it in a week or in two months.

Anyhow, I was doing the usual checks at the block plus (obviously) the windows & roof. I was just about to say “the roof’s slow” then up popped the boot, the roof went down fine, thought nowt more about it, got distracted & walked away. 

Anyhow after the hammer fell on this little gem, the yard lad drives out, parks up & struggles with the roof - it gets to halfway on one attempt but they gave up and put it back down.

I think it’s safe to say I’ll have a little remedial work on this one. To my mind, because the roof’s clearly operational, the electrical side of things is ok which suggests to me pump or fluid. Any clues from anyone who’s had experience of slow/struggling Focus CC roofs? In all my years I’ve never had a dodgy convertible roof (always check before purchase!! :lol:) so this is new territory to me which I’d personally rather do the investigatory work.

I didn’t here anything odd but I’ll have a proper listen & look when it gets here - who knows, perhaps a ride on the back of the Manheim wagon will fix it :lol:

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I didn’t here anything odd but I’ll have a proper listen & look when it gets here - who knows, perhaps a ride on the back of the Manheim wagon will fix it :lol:

make sure they dont put it on the upper deck and go under any low bridges mind:lol:

3 hours ago, mrs maybe said:

make sure they dont put it on the upper deck and go under any low bridges mind:lol:

... and make sure they don't put the leaky old banger above one of mine!:lol: