Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

I bought a car advertised on Facebook today.....

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

Did she do a video appraisal and request a deposit before coming to collect? :lol:

13 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I like the mats, I buy 20 in bulk off ebay for £5 a pair :P

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Are they the mats specially designed to curl up on the edges and slide under the pedals when you start driving?:D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, met said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Are they the mats specially designed to curl up on the edges and slide under the pedals when you start driving?:D

I like the blue trim, it looks classy.....:lol:

9 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I like the blue trim, it looks classy.....:lol:

For a long time,we used to buy cheap sets of mats from Maccess ( anyone remember them ).They were’t very good but the packaging was,it said ‘Luxury Car Mats’.So we just used to hand the punters a set on collection and they were delighted.We don’t use them know but our regulars ask for them because they think we have forgotten to hand them over !

£2995 is the price here if I was selling it online with that mileage. Can’t beat an avant :) 

3 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

£2995 is the price here if I was selling it online with that mileage. Can’t beat an avant :) 

I thought that as well, but all the examples within 100 miles are £3500+ on AT. It's the cheapest straight example by far....

well done buying it,shows there are bargains still out there from peoples houses:)

On 5 July 2018 at 9:59 AM, trade vet said:

...........Maccess ( anyone remember them )..........

Yes, i lived less than a mile from my local branch. I was always in there, really handy. Such a shame! Ordering over the internet might ultimately be cheaper but it is so convenient to be able to buy stuff in person, like car batteries. And you could haggle? 

On 04/07/2018 at 6:59 PM, EPV said:

That will fly out. The word Quattro on any audi seems to get people wet 

As I said, the word Quattro seems to get people wet, as if the word makes the car a magical carpet ride or something.