Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Tow Bars

19 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

What do you think about a tow bar on an 08 Zafira?

Normally I take them all off but I have left the tow bar on this one.

Correct & very few Zaf owners will care either way.

Personally I leave them all on (4x4 & estates here), I think the last time I removed one was 4 or 5 years ago on a Corsa, The days of punters worrying about what it’s been towing seem to be long gone & those punters who do worry about clutches will be checking the clutch for 20 f***ing minutes anyway whether or not it’s got a tow bar.

19 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I think it will give the AA/RAC another attachment point for its inevitable recovery :lol:

Very true :D

It sold yesterday for full price, they seen the tow bar & electrics as a perk.

It depends on what it is, but if you take the whole tow bar off (and not just the hook) then there is no solid support behind the bumper because everyone throws that away when they get the towbar fitted. I take the hook off on small cars but leave on anything else.

I generally always take them off. I find people get turned off them and the understanding is it's been towing this, that or the other.

On occasion I get asked by a potential buyer if the car I'm selling ever had a tow bar fitted. I'll say no if it hasn't, and they seem pleased. Then they'll want one fitted as part of the deal, as they want to tow a horse box or whatever! They won't buy a car that had/has one fitted but when they find a car they want. they want one fitted:rolleyes:

Once I took one off a Golf, guy bought it and wanted a tow bar fitted, so I refitted it again and charged him 250 quid for my 2 hours work

• Like 1