It's me

Keeping clear of dvla clamping

I run my place from an industrial estate so although its private property owned by my landlord the public have access to the large car park as there's also a cafe so its classed as public access,

I had a car clamped by dvla outsource before christmas as it was parked "in their words" on public access land and obviously being an in trade car was neither taxed or sorned,

I argued that it was in a designated area agreed with my landlord for car sales as its next to the main road but on land where public drive to access the cafe (hope you are all still with me) anyway by proving my lease to the clamping team i had my car unclamped and assured it wouldn't be clamped in future,

Just a heads up to any full time motor trader as we are the only group of people allowed to park on public access car parking if we have our territory marked out on a lease or map or deeds and not need the car to be taxed/sorned so there are some gains for us

• Like 1

Do you feel there is a little 'teething - point proving' going on here?  I've never seen so many cars on a main road clamped near me over the Xmas break from the DVLA- which raises the question, what were they doing previously? 

In your case, how long did the process take to have it 'unclamped'? 

I think a lot of private firms have been contracted now, it's been like this in my neck of the woods for a while, money making plain and simple