Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Detailed market sales/trends per quarter analytics

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

I can't speak on behalf of anyone else but my personal take is this: I don't mind the competition, we are 250 miles apart in a country of 65 million people with 25+ million cars and we are highly unlikely to ever step on each other's toes. I personally disliked the amount of time, effort and overthinking you invested in this last potential transaction without getting any return whatsoever. Sold a couple of cars. Good. Made some money. Even better. Now repeat this a few hundred times and you'll still only know a small fraction of what you need to know. You got a lot of useful info here, now put in the work, take some risk, try to make some real deals and you'll know if it's for you...

you're in a different stratosphere than me Nick, I'm never going to be even close to most of you so why the animosity from other members? 

"I personally disliked the amount of time, effort and overthinking you invested in this last potential transaction without getting any return whatsoever"...I'm new to the profession, I'm learning, as you say I need to repeat it a few hundred times to get an idea so why is it such a problem I created a thread asking for an idea of retail on a car I hadn't yet decided to buy? isn't that the point of the forum? you guys don't get to decide who posts what and IMO if if fucks people off that much simply don't make a comment on it

"You got a lot of useful info here, now put in the work, take some risk, try to make some real deals and you'll know if it's for you..." That's what I plan on doing and believe me I'am very grateful for the advice

5 minutes ago, chief nut job said:

and dont slam the door ive just painted it:lol:

Well he has been extremely helpful and supportive with me, I can only say good things about his services, if you disagree that's your opinion let's not involve other people in this thread please

1 minute ago, benjiv50 said:

you're in a different stratosphere than me Nick, I'm never going to be even close to most of you so why the animosity from other members? 

"I personally disliked the amount of time, effort and overthinking you invested in this last potential transaction without getting any return whatsoever"...I'm new to the profession, I'm learning, as you say I need to repeat it a few hundred times to get an idea so why is it such a problem I created a thread asking for an idea of retail on a car I hadn't yet decided to buy? isn't that the point of the forum? you guys don't get to decide who posts what and IMO if if fucks people off that much simply don't make a comment on it

"You got a lot of useful info here, now put in the work, take some risk, try to make some real deals and you'll know if it's for you..." That's what I plan on doing and believe me I'am very grateful for the advice

You need thick skin in this job.

Is it everyone else that's wrong?  Or  are you missing the continued good and FREE advice several of us wish we had when starting out. 

Take a step back, actually process whats being suggested and get out buy a car sell it and then ask for advice when you have a consumer rights issue. This job is for doers not thinkers. 

"Is it everyone else that's wrong?  Or  are you missing the continued good and FREE advice several of us wish we had when starting out"

Of course not everyone else is wrong, without the advice I've been given I would end up being just another failed newbie I know that, It's like you all think you've given me the advice and I'm not listening, don't assume I'm not just by what I put on here, I spend all day searching for cars, auction and private and if one fits the bill I'm on it. I was only given the advice a few days ago give me chance to put it into action

4 hours ago, benjiv50 said:

Oh yes of course from the content I've created on this forum there's already enough evidence that there's no chance I'll ever make a car dealer....absolute bollocks. You're basing that assumption on the fact I asked how much an Astra would retail for but didn't decide to buy it and the fact that instead of starting this project as a complete newbie I instead entrusted the help of well known industry stalwart, namely Chris from Flipping Cars, did loads of research and set everything up correctly to source my first 2 cars to ensure I didn't cock it up right from the start.

Both cars sold for a healthy margin and I'm now on number three, which if it sells at my asking price will also make a healthy margin, no comebacks (yet) no complaints, everything done professionally and by the book....I very rarely use bad language on forums but in this case I personally think I could be excused this time. I get the fact you hate clueless newbies trying to become dealers and creating more competition for trade cars and also clueless newbies joining a public forum to ask questions which they are free to do, if you feel that annoyed by it why the **** are you here?

BITE

5 hours ago, chief nut job said:

split mint eh

wheres arthur dealeys pink one with the battered rims

still in the corner?

well done,really pleased for you

Yep, it’s still sat there.... We’re down Newquay sunning it up at our caravan :) 

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Yep, it’s still sat there.... We’re down Newquay sunning it up at our caravan :) 

Basil would have sold it while sitting in a deck chair with a G&T in his one hand and a flying a kite with the other!

(Apologies to non Autotrader forum members. Someone must tell that story one day)