Mistermuttley

Vw Fox lock set change

Hi all, just bought another nugget of gold in the shape of a vw fox via Ebay.Collected it yesterday with no mention of the issue and on viewing it, was told the drivers side door lock has been changed so now i have 2 sets of keys and each set has an ignition key and a separate drivers door key. Bit miffed about this as i assume it will be harder to sell now, but did chip £50 off the price as a result. I just wondered if if its better to leave as is and advertise a bit cheaper or change the lock and ignition set.

Seen lock sets and matching ecu's on ebay but they also have the clocks forsale with them. Can i just change the locks igition and ecu or do the clocks also need changing? Any help appreciated.

can of worms to put it mildly, in the past i have just bought a cheap central locking kit from flee bay so the customer just presses the button to get in and then the ignition key, 

• Like 1

Thats not a bad idea, would save changing the ecu and ignition barrel and potentially the clocks. Only got that to do then as well as the power steering pump which also needs changing, think that might be easier than sorting the locks though if I changed them all

The locking is vacum on the fox so four cables and your away, changing locks and ecu in my mind = carnage so much to go wrong this doesnt fit or needs a program the chances of something not going to plan is just huge. 

I have never been able to sell Fox's the stupid cup holders in the back put a lot of people off, plus the 1.2 3 cylinder engine is a pile of junk.

leave the keys as they are. it is unlikely to bother a punter. ref the steering pump, check its not the battery first, had it before on VAG cars and if the battery is weak the steering warning comes on

• Like 1

I'll try the battery,that would be an easier fix. 

3 hours ago, justina3 said:

The locking is vacum on the fox so four cables and your away, changing locks and ecu in my mind = carnage so much to go wrong this doesnt fit or needs a program the chances of something not going to plan is just huge. 

I have never been able to sell Fox's the stupid cup holders in the back put a lot of people off, plus the 1.2 3 cylinder engine is a pile of junk.

Its my first vw and i normally steer clear due to their issues and fussy customers, but i just thought I'd try one to see if I had a stampede at the door as its a vw!

I looked on amazon Justin for a central locking kit and i thought i needed one with the electrical actuators, can you put a link up for one which works pneumatically? Cheers

1 minute ago, Mistermuttley said:

Its my first vw and i normally steer clear due to their issues and fussy customers, but i just thought I'd try one to see if I had a stampede at the door as its a vw!

You’ve bought the wrong VW. Unfashionable bad sellers & they’re an even harder sell than a GolfPlus. Good luck, don’t sink any more money into it than you need to.

:o I got it for £820 and I'll probably give it an mot as its got just under 4 months on it. cheapest around seems to be about  £1500 so there should be some money in it.

I think i should just stick to corsa's n fiat 500's as they seem easiest to shift in the small car category.

Funny thing is drove it back home about 90 miles last night and it was really good on the petrol and quite refined at speed, still wouldn't want one for myself though.

1 hour ago, Mistermuttley said:

I'll try the battery,that would be an easier fix. 

I looked on amazon Justin for a central locking kit and i thought i needed one with the electrical actuators, can you put a link up for one which works pneumatically? Cheers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REMOTE-KEYLESS-ENTRY-CENTRAL-LOCKING-KIT-VW-LUPO-POLO/380337360544?fits=Model%3APolo&epid=1588220466&hash=item588ddf8ea0:g:A04AAMXQHO9Re5rA

You will need a relay to step up the current to lock but any 30amp relay will do the job nothing special 

1 hour ago, BHM said:

You’ve bought the wrong VW. Unfashionable bad sellers & they’re an even harder sell than a GolfPlus. Good luck, don’t sink any more money into it than you need to.

I love Golf Plus's sold one yesterday they seem to come fully loaded or maybe just luck of the auctions.

3 minutes ago, justina3 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REMOTE-KEYLESS-ENTRY-CENTRAL-LOCKING-KIT-VW-LUPO-POLO/380337360544?fits=Model%3APolo&epid=1588220466&hash=item588ddf8ea0:g:A04AAMXQHO9Re5rA

You will need a relay to step up the current to lock but any 30amp relay will do the job nothing special 

I love Golf Plus's sold one yesterday they seem to come fully loaded or maybe just luck of the auctions.

Cheers for that, will take a look