Doubled0812

Vauxhall signum gearbox

Is there any particular reason you spent a small fortune (and are looking to spend a bigger fortune) on that pile of old shite?

Try your local scrap yards or breakers for something old like that.

Sounds like you will be making a loss, signums aren't good sellers sadly, a bit like a Vectra.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 9:17 AM, Doubled0812 said:

I don't recall asking for insults.... 

There handed out free around here, thick skin and a dose of google will sort you right out. 

Wow. Easy Tiger!

I’ve only been reading this thread/not contributing-but I think you took it wrong.

No one wants a fight and it’s rather arrogant to be spoiling for one. Life’s too short.  Chill. I read it as all in good humour. Loads of good, honest and helpful FREE advice is given constantly on this forum.  

Sometimes a bit of sarcasm is called for and we all deserve some humility occasionally.  Plus it’s amusing if kept light hearted.

Whilst I can’t see why you’re upset with all but possibly EPV’s first post (who is firm but correct in his advice) the other replies said get a gearbox from a breakers- or (more sensible) bail out of it before it costs you more good money after bad. 

One thing’s for sure: it will poop itself further. A 95k Signum is indeed asking for trouble.

However- a ‘Car DEALER’ forum won’t necessarily have much mechanical technical advice.  Although there are many qualified people on here I’m sure- I’m not convinced they would give any different advice except get yours rebuilt or try your luck with a second hand one that will also poop itself no-doubt. 

I’m with you on the ‘get a bike’ bit though! Hope it’s something that makes you smile!

(Justin. Epv: Remember. No Good Deed Goes Unpunished Terry!’)

Edited by NOACROSS

Wasn't aimed at you specifically, when asking for help you don't expect a cockwomble, he has no idea what I spent on it or going too either, just think he's a cock and yeah I shouldn't spoil for a fight but at the time Id literally just got the car off the recovery vehicle so the last thing I wanted was shit for brains comment. Apologies to yourself tho. Everyone seems to have a downer on vauxhall here yet my 04 astra is being scrapped tomorrow with 206k on it and still going strong, my kids have outgrown it tbh, and I've got another gearbox en route, another 10 ish hour's after it arrives and il be up and running again 

And yes il be fitting it myself, won't be the first time I've stripped and rebuilt a motor

Cockwomble. Wish you’d called me that. Brill. Would have made my day!

No need to apologise to me. I just felt like giving my unbiased opinion.

EPV: can you please change your screen name? Would be hilarious!

We’re car dealers. An old high mileage Vauxhall is the plague to us I’m afraid. We will shout this from the rooftops. And the advice (to another dealer/trader remains sound if looking to sell on)  

The internet is not real life. Don't let it get you down. If you like the old girl then great enjoy and I hope the new box doesn’t expire.  

Do we have to guess the bike? I’m going with a Kawasaki. 900?

Lol thank you, I've got a hate for Ford and love for vauxhall as a basic or audi for fun but being a single dad (I work full time mind you-no benefit ponces here lol) monies tight atm, my brother is on a 900 ninja, I'm going suzuki gladius 650 (love v-twins growl).... (If I called you a twat waffle would it make you feel better pmsl) 

If 95k is high mileage what would you call the 206k on a 1.6 petrol astra lol

Old cars much better than newer ones is what I’d say. It’s ‘not like the old days!’  They’re all crap now  

Don’t get me started on German stuff! Fun? A sold car is the only good car, but I’ve been doing it too long. 

Twat Waffle not a patch on Cock Womble. But I’ll take it. ;o)

Speaking of nutters- Isle of Man TT shortly. ITV4.

Now they’ve got some ‘testicular fortitude!’

• Like 1

My dad was ex raf engineer in the 70's,ran his own garage successfully 80's/90's, I was brought up in his garage and in his audi coupe, both gt and quattro (the old skool rally dominators), he had 3 at the same time which he stripped and rebuilt, resprayed etc, every nut and bolt from beginning to end - even made his own body kits out of sheet steel back in the day when cars were truly awesome - I'm 40 btw lol

On 6/7/2018 at 8:54 PM, NOACROSS said:

EPV: can you please change your screen name? Would be hilarious!

good luck with that i have been asking for ages people still think i am either a bint or a crossdresser :ph34r:

• Like 1

I had you down for both. ;o)

Yeah, silly me. I’m still waiting to get in the secret private room.  

On 07/06/2018 at 7:34 PM, Doubled0812 said:

Yeah silly me, thought we had a professional site not loaded with arrogant keyboard warriors who don't have the testicular fortitude to do it to someone's face.... I'm in Essex if you all want a pop. FYI Google threw up 3 different gearboxes so I was trying to ask somebody with knowledge - obviously some people are lacking. 

Say no more...

Seriously if you take what I said as an insult I'd say you're a bit too delicate for the internet. 

Also, you've come on to a forum asking for advice and then pointed out that some people are lacking in knowledge. I can see the irony there.

You have seemingly decided to renew several expensive parts of what is definitely considered a difficult car to shift, and then indicated that you aren't selling it but keeping it. Maybe giving the VRM to someone like breaker link (https://www.breakerlink.com/) or using a mechanics/breakers forum?