alexcars

MANHEIM

21 hours ago, chief runnin bee said:

sold a car a few weeks back with every check box checked

full new mot ,this car was sold before it had been unloaded

i was delivering it as the customer was a new driver

guess what

the eml came on on the delivery 

They knock them off before they go into the ring, most cars take a few miles for the eml to come back on, it's not always instantly lit once codes have been cleared. 

Been bitten twice with their Surechecks and EMLs. They have loopholes around them.
Since they put the surechecks on at the Walsall site, they wouldn't let you check the gears, etc, because Surecheck covers first and reverse gear engagement. Because apparently they're the only gears you need.

Bought a Focus from them (not surechecked) and the engine almost caught on fire 2 miles down the road. Billows of smoke and the engine was stuck revving on full until we managed to stall it and stop it. No return. Bought a Golf with a gearbox problem that was evident as soon as the car rolled (can't be checked by customer at auction, but was surely clocked by their drivers). No mention of it at auction, and obviously no returns. 

guys does anyone think we have  a case as we are being forced into buying an insurance product? 

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

guys does anyone think we have  a case as we are being forced into buying an insurance product? 

I have often thought the same. It seems plainly wrong to me but I suspect it’ll be something to do with auction ‘rules’ & disclaimers. Perhaps they’d say “you’re not forced, don’t bid on the car”. Clear as mud but, as written, it seems wrong to me.

On 5/20/2018 at 4:16 PM, alexcars said:

What a bunch of crooks. Bought two Golf's via online auction. Both cars had a surecheck and passed with flying colours.

The first turns up a couple of days later on our forecourt, eml on, turbo issue & gearbox issue. We have now contacted Manheim and they kept passing us along to the next phone number, eventually we got told that they couldn't help with any of the issues as they are not covered by the surecheck... Fact is, the eml is illuminated when on the 'surecheck' it was not pointed out.

So we haven't yet paid for the second Golf as we were waiting until they rectified the issues with the first one. Anyway, a whole MONTH later, Manheim called... 'bring the car back, we'll credit you every penny'. Great, we had then planned to collect the second Golf within a couple of days. I had been keeping in touch with the chap at our local Manheim throughout the whole process and he had confirmed I was OK to collect the second Golf the following day, turn up & they say they've re sold the car and we owe them £700!!! Account suspended until we pay!!

Tossers.

I have always found Manheim and Surecheck very reasonable and helpful....I know, I know I can hear the moan's..... I buy the greater majority of my cars BIN Silver with delivery through Manheim to my door. Last weekend I bought an X Type Auto, paid on the Monday...Tuesday I get a call from Colchester saying gearbox has a problem and to call Surecheck. Call Surecheck, they arranged inspection ring me back on Thursday agreeing full refund....Refund arrived back in my bank today :) This is the second time its happened out of Colchester, however they've dealt with it quickly and openly...... I think paying for delivery makes a big difference and I always point this out to Surecheck guys.