Sign in to follow this  
Earunder

Tiguan Craze?

Ok, so last month we took a 10 Tiguan, Auto, 47k, Silver in as a Part Ex, gave just under cap average, was good condition, but never done well with them previously.  Sold it within 20 days made a very tidy profit on it too...

No end of the month we took in a similar one, 12 plate with 78k on it manual in black...  again just under cap and sold it within a week!!??!!  I didn't cheap them out, (just under 2k profit on each, and priced at CAP Retail.

WTF is up?  Was it Lucky?  Have they gone popular?  I'm actually thinking of getting a couple in now but last time I did (was a couple of years ago) they sat for ages.   Ergh!  Dilemma

How do you guys find them?  

similar to us Earunder we always sell them fast and with good profit, Never been a fan of them myself they are ok but customers just love that VW Badge it seems.

Sell eventually, but endless grief german stuff for us, and we don't find any of it is desirable or sells well down here-so I don't buy anything german now, but hit them hard if come in in PX.

Were yours petrol or diesel?

I guess as they become more affordable and hit a certain price point then everything has its day.

• One of them we do well if its a PX and bought in keenly. If I then try and buy at auction too expensive and end up sitting for ages.

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Sell eventually, but endless grief german stuff for us, and we don't find any of it is desirable or sells well down here-so I don't buy anything german now, but hit them hard if come in in PX.

Were yours petrol or diesel?

I guess as they become more affordable and hit a certain price point then everything has its day.

Both Diesels, 1 (47k) immaculate, the other few scratches and wheel scuffs.  

48 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:
  • One of them we do well if its a PX and bought in keenly. If I then try and buy at auction too expensive and end up sitting for ages.

Yeah I'm wary of it as my previous experience with buying and selling them.  Maybe I got a tad lucky with them at the right time.

1 hour ago, Dan W said:

similar to us Earunder we always sell them fast and with good profit, Never been a fan of them myself they are ok but customers just love that VW Badge it seems.

Yeah been a little eye opener. 

Gonna have to see if they make good money in the AH these days.  Hard to find a good ROI on a vehicle bought for under 6k.

Isn't that true with most things- you really only ever buy 'em right in PX.  Otherwise we're all paying over the odds on DA,BCA, Manheim etc.

Hahaha this is sods law.  Just seen on our CD - Part Ex due that another Tiguan coming in Saturday... Although it's Manual, Petrol on an 08 done 48k.

This now surely simulates a craze?  3 part ex Tiguan within 3 months...  I reckon the first one told his Tiguan friends we give good part ex prices on them :ph34r::ph34r: