Sign in to follow this  
metcars

o2 sensor location

Well, I know where it is but what one is it? On a 1.6 sigma engined focus it has twin cats each with its own pre and post sensor. The faulty sensor is indicated as Bank 2 sensor 1 (assuming that sensor 1 is pre cat and bank 2 is a hangover from vee engines). On checking prices all four sensors are listed individually front and rear, left and right.

Am I going to have to change both or is 'bank 2' relevant on a twin cat system?

Looks a bit like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-05-11-1-6-PETROL-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-PRE-CATS-TWIN-MANICAT-HWDA/152974626738?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus%7CCars+Year%3A2005%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II%7CCars+Type%3A1.6+TI&hash=item239dff8fb2:g:pj8AAOSwQwZahWVn

Edited by met

i would suggest bank 2 sensor 1 would be the pre cat sensor nearest whichever end ford have the engine ie usually number one would be the nearest to the timing belt

of course if both lambdas could be got out without jarring them and breaking the internal heaters you could swap the two uppers over and see if fault moved across to bank 1 sensor 1

Edited by chief runnin bee
d added to ford

1 hour ago, chief runnin bee said:

i would suggest bank 2 sensor 1 would be the pre cat sensor nearest whichever end ford have the engine ie usually number one would be the nearest to the timing belt

of course if both lambdas could be got out without jarring them and breaking the internal heaters you could swap the two uppers over and see if fault moved across to bank 1 sensor 1

These are a pain in the arse, i dont know why they set up such a crap system. Can you not leave the sensors where they are and just switch the plugs? 

Bank 1 is usually drivers side? i think, unplugging them and reading the codes is your friend here :D

And yes sensor 1 is in-front of the cat.

4 minutes ago, Stalker said:

These are a pain in the arse, i dont know why they set up such a crap system. Can you not leave the sensors where they are and just switch the plugs? 

Bank 1 is usually drivers side? i think, unplugging them and reading the codes is your friend here :D

And yes sensor 1 is in-front of the cat.

Thanks, yeah a pain. I was sort of hoping, bearing in mind there are effectively two seperate cats, that the bank would/could be relevant. But obviously shot down in flames:D