Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

Test Drives

19 hours ago, justina3 said:

I have a different problem as we aim for first time drivers you know C1 clio fiesta punto low insurance cheap to fix kinda kit, well we got a lot of parents turn up who want to test drive the car to make sure its safe and sound for there young ones / brats, i dont blame then one bit i am sure i will do the same, the problem i get is when some 50+ year old pulls up in his brand new 5 series BMW and test drives a Toyota Aygo he gets out all shaken up complains the brakes are poor the car rattles and shakes and its very slow.

I dont even try and defend the car any more i have have given up its a £2500 Toyota not a £65000 BMW you space cadet rant over they all drive like a wheel barrow.

18 hours ago, EPV said:

I had that same thing a couple of weeks ago. 

Bloke arrives with his daughter who’s yet to pass her test so he takes the demo drive. They arrived in a late cayenne S. During the test drive he makes some comment about a lack of torque in the engine, what were they interested in? A limited edition 1.6 petrol Mini. Lack of torque! We then happen to drive past a 458 Speciale just up the road from me which he leaps upon the opportunity to tell me he has one as well  

So his daily drive is a v8 jeep and his weekend toy is a v12 supercar. No wonder the Mini seems underpowered sir. 

He did at least buy the Mini. 

Pretty similar experience, guy turned up in a Q5 looking at an Aygo for his daughter, after 1 drive said wanted it and would have it if other buyer didnt buy it(they were second in buying queue but first on test drive and told as such). 1st buyer drove the Aygo but also drove a Suzuki Alto and bought that. Told mr Q5 and he comes for a second drive, after a looong 2nd drive he says the engine has an unusual vibration and he is going to think about it and ask a mechanic. Yes its gonna be different to a brand new Q5. Luckily didnt come back and buy as I'm sure he would have been mr ultra picky. Aygo's do seem to run rough a lot of the time though. Very unrefined, prefer an Alto!

14 minutes ago, Mistermuttley said:

after a looong 2nd drive he says the engine has an unusual vibration and he is going to think about it and ask a mechanic. Yes its gonna be different to a brand new Q5. Luckily didnt come back and buy as I'm sure he would have been mr ultra picky. Aygo's do seem to run rough a lot of the time though. Very unrefined, prefer an Alto!

You need to point out these are 3 cylinder and will feel like that, by design.

My opening line on any poverty model Aygo/107/C1/Polo/Fabia/Corsa that I’ve had the misfortune of having in stock.

“Sir, I don’t know if you’re aware but these are a 3 cylinder engine and run as rough as a badger’s arse but they are cheap to run & cheap insurance”. The dog rough engine is of little consequence to the average CHEAP small car buyer who wants CHEAP running costs, CHEAP tax & CHEAP insurance. CHEAP b******s.

The only rougher sounding engine than an Aygo is that two cylinder effort in them French two seater micro cars - someone at the block said it was a Kubota mini excavator engine but at the time I had a man excavating my compound with, funnily enough, a Kubota digger & it was a damn sight smoother than this French horror.

On 4/8/2018 at 2:36 PM, Dan W said:

We usually just grab the trade plates and go for a drive, but recently so many messers recently we are asking a lot of questions.

A perfect example this morning, opening up a fella is all over a ford ranger we have he says can I take it out I love it.

yes no problem come inside just need to grab some details from you, name address usual. then I ask him his budget. this is way over what he has, he is not vat reg either so he didn't understand he has to pay the vat on top plus, after explaining there is no discount on this car and you've already told me you cant spend that amount nor can you pay the vat.

he still insists he wants to take it out. I just flat out asked him what would be the point ? you wont be buying you've told me........ his answer well I might buy one elsewhere but I need to know how they drive !!!!

usually would have driven this guy no questions asked but now no chance.

What the...?! 

2 hours ago, tradegirl said:

What the...?! 

my thoughts exactly