Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Never mind the punters

I think traders are worse....Awhile ago,I mentioned that we had acquired some really good premises which was a car pitch many years ago.As all you seem to hear from traders now is,stock is hard to get and auction prices and fees are too high.

Anyway,I had this bright idea that because of its prominent main road position, I would open it as a car buying site and trade stuff locally.So although,we don’t have the keys,we have been building a website,lining up staff,signage,bank facilities and so on.

I thought we should contact the local trade,so we emailed about 50 local traders asking them to get in touch so we could ask them how this should work and be fair to everyone....How many got back to us .......2 !

It is the old story,traders do not want to give you profit,we were thinking £150-£200 per car.Traders mentality,they would rather be seen at the block paying a grand more per car.

Anyway,it is a cracking site so I am just going to rent it out as plenty will want it and we will be better off....I should have known better !

trade vet - top idea

If I were you (and I don't know how deep your pockets or credit lines are), I would set up a rival WBAC (big signage/I thought about setting up webeatwebuyanycar.com) - inviting people in and value their car, I generally tell people that I will pay 10% more the WBAC (after their final valuation) upto £5K and 5% thereafter.

Then, regardless of what dealers are saying (or not in this case), put them for sale at sensible money and you're on to a winner - either trade or public?

Why not just set up "webeatwebuyanycar.com", run it from a portakabin and just sling all the old shitters through the block anyway?:D

2 hours ago, met said:

Why not just set up "webeatwebuyanycar.com", run it from a portakabin and just sling all the old shitters through the block anyway?:D

Isn't that Evans Halshaw??

• Like 1