Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

Dealer Website

Obviously, I am now back in this game after 12 years out and starting to gear up.  

Please can you tell me what you recommend in terms of website and the associated costs.  As I am a home trader, I will only have a maximum of 12 cars at any one time, so I am wondering whether it is worth the investment as I advertise of Ebay and AT and that surely gives me better coverage than my own "little" site - is that enough?

I have looked at some of your sites and they look fab but you have many more cars than I do/will have.

I just know if I make an enquiry with one of the many providers, I will be bombarded with rep calls every minute and I am not sure if it is worth having my own site (or at least not yet).

Thank you in advance.

Mark

Click Dealer all day long for me. great guys. I recommend you have your own website Mark, it builds trust with buyers - they may suspect something if you don't have your own website in this day and age - I advertise all my 40 cars on the autotrader and monitor it religiously. I have my own tracking software that shows people find my car on AT first, then for some reason many of them go onto Google and type in my name to find my website (even though there's a big visit website button on my adverts) Don't exactly know why they do it but it must be how they research. Anyway having your own website is very important, In nearly 20 years I've had 4 different providers and swear by the Click Dealer guys

24 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

swear by the Click Dealer guys

plus one here.  They can't do enough for you.

Cardealer5 for me.

I'm not the most computer literate and they are great. I considered Clickdealer, but was a little more expensive

See mine here

www.superminiuk.com

Thanks

We've used both Cardealer5 & Clickdealer.

When we had under 30 in stock Cardealer5 & now we have 90 in stock Clickdealer.

I'd still recommend Cardealer5 for anyone running a smaller operation because their cost base is great and they're professional and the sites like Mat C's look great if you put the effort into layout etc. They're great value for a smaller stock level and pretty helpful. I heard they've changed a lot of their techy stuff about so I can only imagine they've got even better.

Clickdealer is more expensive but you get really good back office which is handy when you struggle to remember what's been in stock and for how long, amendments to adverts are easier and it's all a bit better and more in depth IMO. The single best thing about Click is the support though....these guys are the polar opposite of AT, they really genuinely do work for you and all of them working there seem super helpful and efficient. Even a tech dinosaur like me can get what I want done done quickly and professionally. 

It's rare in the motortrade people pay compliments but for me both deserve a recommendation and you will rarely hear a bad word about whether which says it all. 

Best of luck btw Mark, hope it goes well for you and keep hitting the forum for advice...the guys on here are decent chaps and know the answer to pretty much anything between them.

3 hours ago, RH Trading said:

then for some reason many of them go onto Google and type in my name to find my website (even though there's a big visit website button on my adverts) Don't exactly know why they do it 

Guilty as charged. 

I browse AT but will always check a companies website if i'm into something (i'm worse than a punter I know). Someones website says a lot about them IMO. Anyone can stick a lump up on AT but a website takes a bit more effort and consideration, spelling mistakes, poor grammer, crap photos, i'm not interested anymore. Someone like Supermini or Transparency who make the effort and i'm hooked. I'll either buy the car or just nick their ideas and improve my own site! 

• Like 1

Thank you All for your help and encouragement - very much appreciated,