Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Hyundai Tucson 2.0 petrol clutch and flywheel 2006

Evening all, I’ve sourced a clutch at a very reasonable price but when the box is taken out I may need to replace the flywheel

it has a very low biting point but isn’t slipping, are these dual mass? 

I’m struggling to find any one selling them 

Sure its not the slave or master cylinder leaking/low fluid. Flywheel would make no difference to wear it bites. 

I'm pretty sure being  a 2.0 it would have a DMF though. 

Another project Andy? 

It Won’t have a DMF, and the DMF won’t alter the bite point.  I would imagine that the labour may be around twice the price of the cost of the clutch kit. 

no just another trade in I was tucked into :angry: and I'm deciding what to do with it, Im sitting here in a valeters freezing my nuts off, oh for the day of Sunday boozing and the match

I’m 99% certain they don’t have a DMF. 

Check the slave cylinder for leaks but I’m guessing it has 100-120K miles on it? By that mileage the clutch springs/fingers on virtually all Kias/Hyundai’s go weak & a new 3 part clutch kit will solve it.

Don’t use a National clutch cos they feel bloody awful underfoot (not much better than what you’re removing), spend £20 more on a better branded item.

I assumed it was weak clutch springs cos they feel little better than the clutches I’ve had removed. They do a job but I personally found they don’t improve so even I spend a couple of quid more & I'm greedy. :lol: