Sign in to follow this  
Dan W

Cargurus

Sorry if this Topic has already been raised, really never had any joy from this site.

emails all the same, anonymous email to respond to, no contact details other than that and no questions just I am interested.....

We always respond to them and not once have we had a response ? don't seem like they are genuine enquires to me.

Anyone else have similar experience

Sold about 5 in a *EDIT - not year, a month* from them.  Still paying as still getting more response from Motors and CarGurus are always improving and re-investing their money back into promotions and adverts.  They are the only real threat to AutoTrader, and AT know it.  For that reason they can have my £300 p/m

Edited by Earunder

13 minutes ago, Earunder said:

Sold about 5 in a year from them.  Still paying as still getting more response from Motors and CarGurus are always improving and re-investing their money back into promotions and adverts.  They are the only real threat to AutoTrader, and AT know it.  For that reason they can have my £300 p/m

When you get an enquiry do you get any other contact details other than their email which goes through car gurus ?

we just cant seem to get any further contact after the initial email

1 minute ago, Dan W said:

When you get an enquiry do you get any other contact details other than their email which goes through car gurus ?

we just cant seem to get any further contact after the initial email

We get telephone number and post code along with the email.

We call the customer immediately, if no answer then send an email back to the customer, then after 2/3 hours if they do not reply then give them another call.

This industry has gone from a walk in relaxed sales atmosphere to being very pro-active and chasing and sniffing out any leads necessary.

----------------------

From CarGurus though, if they do not have a telephone number we only send 1 email as they are, shall we say, `questionable leads`.

18 minutes ago, Earunder said:

We get telephone number and post code along with the email.

We call the customer immediately, if no answer then send an email back to the customer, then after 2/3 hours if they do not reply then give them another call.

This industry has gone from a walk in relaxed sales atmosphere to being very pro-active and chasing and sniffing out any leads necessary.

----------------------

From CarGurus though, if they do not have a telephone number we only send 1 email as they are, shall we say, `questionable leads`.

This is my thinking, every one seems to have no contact number and the names are just well,, don't seem real to me all unusual

Just now, Dan W said:

This is my thinking, every one seems to have no contact number and the names are just well,, don't seem real to me all unusual

They do have a very unethical approach to gaining new dealers yes, but it depends on where you are and if they are spending money advertising / promoting that area as if it would be worth signing up.  I've always advised if you can afford to throw away the advertising cost per month for 6 months then go for it and try it out, if you can't afford to effectively lose that money then don't do it.

Edited by Earunder

16 minutes ago, Earunder said:

They do have a very unethical approach to gaining new dealers yes, but it depends on where you are and if they are spending money advertising / promoting that area as if it would be worth signing up.  I've always advised if you can afford to throw away the advertising cost per month for 6 months then go for it and try it out, if you can't afford to effectively lose that money then don't do it.

Thanks bud, appreciate the feedback

Ive changed my tune with these guys, last year was very angry about the value flags on my cars, that's my job.

However I now love the fact they have these flags on my cars, its telling my customers I'm great value. same as the autotrader now, buyers wont believe it when I tell them my cars are great value but I show them my cars, and the fact its not me telling them, its autotrader or cargru's. this stops any haggling straight away. not sold one from carguru's yet but I guess that's the carrot to get you to pay for the lead details

8 hours ago, RH Trading said:

Ive changed my tune with these guys, last year was very angry about the value flags on my cars, that's my job.

However I now love the fact they have these flags on my cars, its telling my customers I'm great value. same as the autotrader now, buyers wont believe it when I tell them my cars are great value but I show them my cars, and the fact its not me telling them, its autotrader or cargru's. this stops any haggling straight away. not sold one from carguru's yet but I guess that's the carrot to get you to pay for the lead details

Paying makes no difference according to others. Just keep it free. I sold a fair bit when it first came out now its dried up for some reason.