Sign in to follow this  
Dan W

Parkers...

Starting to get annoyed now this week, 5th person I have had in having a crazy idea of their px value due to parkers, only a certain amount of times I can tell the customer to ring parkers themselves then and sell it to them..... oh wait you cant they don't buy or sell cars.

Anyone else seeing customers with ridiculous expectations for their px recently ?

I'm just amazed you've seen five people in one week! ;0)

All five with crazy PX prices is bad luck/strage.  

Do you show them other online PX price guides like the free one on Autotrader or Hpi for example?  I find this works well as they trust them more than us.

Also, not teaching you to suck eggs I hope- but are your mark up prices too low?  Need to maybe tickle them up a bit to allow for 'over allowances'.

Another trick is to say you'll give them more for their car if they put a new, no advisory MOT on and prepare it for retail sale and have it valeted.

I must admit though that the Parkers Brigade haven't put their heads through my door in a long while. I'd forgotten all about Parkers.  Good old days...

57 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

I'm just amazed you've seen five people in one week! ;0)

All five with crazy PX prices is bad luck/strage.  

Do you show them other online PX price guides like the free one on Autotrader or Hpi for example?  I find this works well as they trust them more than us.

Also, not teaching you to suck eggs I hope- but are your mark up prices too low?  Need to maybe tickle them up a bit to allow for 'over allowances'.

Another trick is to say you'll give them more for their car if they put a new, no advisory MOT on and prepare it for retail sale and have it valeted.

I must admit though that the Parkers Brigade haven't put their heads through my door in a long while. I'd forgotten all about Parkers.  Good old days...

We do yes, we show them all the usual stuff even go on wbac sometimes to justify our price, our prices tend to be fair we never over allow on a px not worth the hassle in our view.

usually we do really well and take certain px in at the right money or they end up selling it privately it just seems this week the nutters have come out.

Example lady with a corsa 10 plate 92k.... books cap and glasses roughly about £1400 we offered about £1200 to £1400 well parkers says £2000.. showed her wbac at £1500 and various others, apparently all of these are nonsense in her eyes haha

You can’t do anything for the likes of her - they don’t understand we need a wage. I tell those punters to sell it themselves if they don’t like my valuation - I drive all p/xs & usually the reason for them changing cars becomes immediately obvious which helps with the discussion over money.