Mr T

A little advice please ...

56 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Davos ?? Prey tell...

The annual World Economic Summit In Davos Switzerland next week.I like to listen to the bullshit from these PLC global company  director guys.Thats why BHM is needed over there,he could do a press conference with ‘the Donald’ about driverless electric cars.

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

The annual World Economic Summit In Davos Switzerland next week.I like to listen to the bullshit from these PLC global company  director guys.Thats why BHM is needed over there,he could do a press conference with ‘the Donald’ about driverless electric cars.

Ahh I see

On 1/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, grant8064 said:

There's a lot wrong with the photos and text. Go look at some better advertised ones and try again IMO.

On 1/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, Mat C said:

Retail is detail,

Your photos are shocking.

Take the price board out

Give it a clean

Re photo, looks like someones just stolen it and taken some pictures!

Not sure what the photo of the 3 month warranty from 2013 is doing in there either?

On 1/16/2018 at 6:39 PM, twerp said:

Sort the photos out and the text starting with something similar to :

'  FULL SERVICE HISTORY + NEW TYRES & BRAKES, MOT NOV 2018...

All +1!

Your advise is pretty much there in these 3 posts.

We travel 10 minutes away and use 3 different locations for photo's.  My guys know what I expect from photo's as that's on of the KEY elements in selling a vehicle in this day and age.  I go through all our photo's (we do around 30-40 per vehicle) and I am very thorough about what and how they do photo's.  I have 2 guys here that do them now and I probably spent 3/4 days going over cars showing them how I want them to be taken.

Your price is dead on the money, but at that turn around time I'd go in at £3,260.

Get some Tyre paint / sheen, messy stuff but look at those wheels!! O.o  I'd be screaming at my valeter if they said that car was done.

Take Diesel out the window and make sure nothing is in the car when it;s being photo'd.  Windows, Door pockets, everything clear.

• Like 1

Good news! The Insignia sold last night! I was very lucky I had a buyer looking for exactly that model and age. Got a good price too! He said he spoke to a few dealers that had one for sale but they weren't flexible in the slightest for him to come and view / buy! Luckily, I am very flexible and usually open very late so he came to me! 

Now - I think it's best to stick with the lower end of the market, never have I ever had a car for nearly two months on sale where I have actually needed to renew Auto Trader ads! 

Thank you all for all of your help, if anything, its certainly taught me how to properly photograph and describe a car, even for the cheapies I deal in, they'll look top dollar from now on! 

15 hours ago, Earunder said:

All +1!

Your advise is pretty much there in these 3 posts.

We travel 10 minutes away and use 3 different locations for photo's.  My guys know what I expect from photo's as that's on of the KEY elements in selling a vehicle in this day and age.  I go through all our photo's (we do around 30-40 per vehicle) and I am very thorough about what and how they do photo's.  I have 2 guys here that do them now and I probably spent 3/4 days going over cars showing them how I want them to be taken.

Your price is dead on the money, but at that turn around time I'd go in at £3,260.

Get some Tyre paint / sheen, messy stuff but look at those wheels!! O.o  I'd be screaming at my valeter if they said that car was done.

Take Diesel out the window and make sure nothing is in the car when it;s being photo'd.  Windows, Door pockets, everything clear.

Thank you for this! Your figure was almost exactly correct, it went for £3250! 

I think the issue is I'm currently doing too much and have little time - I think when the finances are right I'm going to need to hire some staff! 

On 1/20/2018 at 8:37 AM, Mr T said:

Thank you for this! Your figure was almost exactly correct, it went for £3250! 

I think the issue is I'm currently doing too much and have little time - I think when the finances are right I'm going to need to hire some staff! 

No problem at all, and congrats on the sale!

All the best for your future deals!