arslan2468

Newly part time Trader

1 hour ago, NacMan said:

If you aim at £900 profit, what if a car comes back with a fault? What if theres some unexpected expenses, mats, lights, paintwork you didn't think was so bad, warrantys, it all adds up, advert fees. in my opinion £1000 is the lowest you should go.

I do agree with you probably about £1000 is as low as you can go in an ideal world im just saying I've know friends and business associates to sell with £800-900 profit not every day but maybe on a car when you realise say you maybe paid to much for to start which does happen on the odd occasion or wont shift not every car also bear in mind as as a home trader overheads etc wont be as high  

i remember speaking to an associate who works for and is well contacted to a large car dealing group and he told me they will sometimes do it just to keep stock turning over      

As i said i think your aim between £1200-£1500 but some times it cant always happen and some sort of  profit is always better than a loss

16 minutes ago, Casper said:

I do agree with you probably about £1000 is as low as you can go in an ideal world im just saying I've know friends and business associates to sell with £800-900 profit not every day but maybe on a car when you realise say you maybe paid to much for to start which does happen on the odd occasion or wont shift not every car also bear in mind as as a home trader overheads etc wont be as high  

i remember speaking to an associate who works for and is well contacted to a large car dealing group and he told me they will sometimes do it just to keep stock turning over      

As i said i think your aim between £1200-£1500 but some times it cant always happen and some sort of  profit is always better than a loss

Definitely, 1 in 10 of my cars I do pay too much or it doesn't move! That's when they start to dip to £800 profit however as you said its on the odd occasion or times like this!

15 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Definitely, 1 in 10 of my cars I do pay too much or it doesn't move! That's when they start to dip to £800 profit however as you said its on the odd occasion or times like this!

Yes nacman that was my point buddy . Hope your doing well  all the best 

54 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Game of averages. Buy the odd car that’s got problems and not much you can do about it. Probably not gonna make much. 

Average Profit per unit is where it’s at.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Casper said:

Yes nacman that was my point buddy . Hope your doing well  all the best 

And you Casper:)

11 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Game of averages. Buy the odd car that’s got problems and not much you can do about it. Probably not gonna make much. 

Average Profit per unit is where it’s at.

Indeed! Pain in the ass.