Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

2007 Volvo xc90 Auto Box

Hi all, just got one of these from Manheim and the box is noisy (grumbly) at low revs, it changes fine and there are no issues selecting reverse, has anyone much experiance of these, cars on 160k

Fingers crossed but any 70/90 seem to get a few ‘box issues once they’ve passed 150K, both manual & auto.

Get it assessed (I guess you don’t need telling this) and if it’s diagnosed as the gearbox, rather than get involved, I’d be tempted to bat it out cheap as it is & get it away to a half-deaf (or ignorant) punter. The last grumbly ‘box Volvo I had was sold to a man who turned up in his knackered N-reg Discovery so he noticed sweet f.a. and was chuffed to bits with his purchase.

its strange, like a low down growl at 2000rpm, much like a heat shield but not

XC90 boxes are a bit of a sore point for me at the moment. I currently have two of them that are knackered and I can't find anyone  who can sort them out for less than £2K. One bought in auction and the other dropped on my toes in px. Both cars have less than 80K on them as well. I have decided that they simply can't be bought in auction now as even a mechanical report would not have shown up these faults. Just too risky