James Baggott

Help make Car Dealer even better - and be honest!

Excellent point James, no end of new cars on every media format already, online and off. As a newbie of only a few days only I have not seen a copy yet, but some kind of regional focus might be useful as there may be interesting trends across the UK which in turn may affect the viability of travelling to auctions long distance (or not), and the real cost of delivering (or not) might be put into perspective.

• Like 2

The recent vauxhall gearbox thread is a good example of trade knowledge on certain models, maybe a feature on that sort of thing ? Or would the manufacturers be throwing wobbles

• Like 1

Agreed. That was a good thread. And we don't work for the manufacturers we work to serve you - our readers! If it upsets the manufacturers then so be it, our number one concern is making sure you enjoy the mag. Just look at our recent ban from Vauxhall over the column I wrote for proof of that...

There is room somewhere in the magazine to put some of the problems with current cars etc, again this is useful with second hand car purchases, i remember buying an RX8 many years ago and found out the hard way about the hot start issues. If i'm honest i should have done more homework but it was an impulsive purchase and alot of RWD fun, so it was forgiven. 

Just thinking as well about the recent Vauxhall recall for the Corsa and Adam (try not to laugh) but maybe this is needed more for the second hand market. Sure there's a Car Dealer feature or two. 

I've mentioned it before, but would it help to keep forum posts closed to view unless your a registered member on here ?

Hi all.

Thanks for all your comments so far. They've been incredibly helpful.

Our new editor Colin Channon started this week. Tomorrow we'll be getting together with the rest of the team to discuss your ideas, and ours, to make Car Dealer more relevant and interesting to you.

Now is your final chance to get those burning issues off your chest and tell us your ideas. We will be using this thread in the meeting tomorrow so anything you want to tell us, good or bad, no matter how silly you think the idea, please share it.

We're looking forward to reading what you think. And don't worry we will be reading back through all the other posts on this thread.

Thanks for your time all, as always, it's hugely appreciated.

Hi James

The magazine to read is this one.  We're constantly discussing articles in the magazine and other garages and traders come in and pick up the magazine to have a read too.  More articles on females in the industry as women are buying more cars now and how to deal with them? We're different to men!  More on social media - strategies, what works and how to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram and what works for used car dealers. Here's a link to a great article recently sent to me on women buying cars: http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/opinion/1322215/denise-kingsmill-sex-doesnt-sell-cars-women/.

Thanks

Caroline 

• Like 1

Caroline thanks for your kind comments. You'll be pleased to hear that at this year's Car Dealer Conference we're planning a special networking event for women in the automotive industry. We'd love you to help us shape the agenda. Would you be keen on helping out? Let me know.

Another vote here for less of the New car Guff, i usually look briefly at the pictures and then move on, more interaction with dealers and a more in depth digital section for latest trends etc , i think the suggestion of " problem faults " with cars etc and dealers experiences with them could be useful .