Sign in to follow this  
MustangJack

My first Question: Location for a Showroom

Hello Everyone, I'm a Nooby and this is my first post :)
I've got an important question for my business.
Currently I'm planning a car exhibition. Therefore we are looking for a suitable showroom with enough place and also a good light to create a nice atmosphere - so all in all a good setting... :)
Unfortunately I don't know what the costs will be like because I'm organizing this the first time but I'm already looking for information.

This project will be the next big step for my business and I hope you can help me or share any experiences with me ;)

With car exhibition I mean to present and promote cars.

I'm independent and have to be flexible for my customers. So I'm thinking of something like this:

http://www.r-zs.com/fileadmin/Bilder/Raumloesungen_Jonas/Raumloesungen_Event/Raumloesung_Showrooms/audi_davos2005_044.png

http://www.todayonline.com/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image/public/16105401.JPG?itok=1QamZ4Q_

I think the first one is a good example to implement such a show.

If you are looking to lease a showroom then this is going to come down to local location and size. I don't; think its something anyone on here can give a definitive answer on. You local letting agent will be the best place to start to get an idea of availability and cost, but be prepared to have to spend a significant amount of cash getting any showroom up to the right standard, particularly the kind of standard you are looking at with the Audi showroom above

So what sort of cars are you selling Jack ?

Mustangs?

I have a couple of classic 60s mustangs my self.

With regards to showing, you could hire a venue like ace cafe? Also you could just hire a massive marquee and setup at a local field or grounds if an old manor house etc

Some more info about what your trying to achieve would be great as it sounds interesting

With car exhibition I mean to present and promote cars.

I'm independent and have to be flexible for my customers. So I'm thinking of something like this:

http://www.r-zs.com/fileadmin/Bilder/Raumloesungen_Jonas/Raumloesungen_Event/Raumloesung_Showrooms/audi_davos2005_044.png

http://www.todayonline.com/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image/public/16105401.JPG?itok=1QamZ4Q_

I think the first one is a good example to implement such a show.

Hey Jack, that sounds amazing what you are planning :)

what are you trying to achieve exactly with your show? What kind of vehicle do you want to exhibit?

The first pic looks very professional, so if you trying to do something like this I suspect you have to pay for quality!

I informend myself on the site, they say:

"Showrooms with seating, with catering area and standing tables, with technology for a light show" and

"free rein in the choice of the location at which you wish to present your products. Worldwide."

[source]

So worldwide is the key word for you I guess, and it fits with your interest to be flexible, right?

Just Inform yourself on the site or similar providers and ask there about the costs and everthing else!

Greets from Pete ;)

• Like 1

Oh wow thank you Pete for the information, I appreciate this!

what are you trying to achieve exactly with your show? What kind of vehicle do you want to exhibit?

So worldwide is the key word for you I guess, and it fits with your interest to be flexible, right?

Just Inform yourself on the site or similar providers and ask there about the costs and everthing else!

For the car show I'm planning to present my mustangs. I want to combine a modern and cool style. It can also be a little "edgy" you know?

That's a fantastic idea with a tent/hall from r-zs. I hope they make good prizes ;)

Maybe I can also combine outside and inside areas then, nice :)

On the other hand, as it is already said here from Andy, I will try to contact a local letting agent to come forward.

But with this I would really be a lot more flexible.

So what sort of cars are you selling Jack ?

Mustangs?

I have a couple of classic 60s mustangs my self.

With regards to showing, you could hire a venue like ace cafe? Also you could just hire a massive marquee and setup at a local field or grounds if an old manor house etc

Some more info about what your trying to achieve would be great as it sounds interesting

You are sympathetic to me :D Yes that's right, most of my business is dealing with mustangs. So great vehicles!

That are good ideas for venues, I never heard of Ace Cafe before.
The idea of an oldfashioned house/factory could also be integrated with the marquee or tent.

If it's matching with the whole setting - why not?

Thank you guys, this brings me to new ideas how to set up the whole thing! I'm looking forward fore more suggestions.

For the car show I'm planning to present my mustangs. I want to combine a modern and cool style. It can also be a little "edgy" you know?

That's a fantastic idea with a tent/hall from r-zs. I hope they make good prizes ;)

Maybe I can also combine outside and inside areas then, nice :)

Thanks man, I found another source for implementing a car show: http://jalopnik.com/how-to-organize-a-car-show-472971908

Maybe you have an orientation with this ;)