Sign in to follow this  
jamslug

C D Magazine Article - I need to clarify after I was wrongly quoted!

I was quite exctied to see a big glossy picture of myself in this issue of CD Magazine, and I hope to be your page 3 girl one day or maybe even the cover picture!

After reading the article, I was quite dissapointed with 3 things;

1. I was referred to as "Lugger" , not James or Mr Lugger , which is a little strange.
  2. I sold a Honda Cr-V , not CRB.
  3. It was a car , not a motorcycle , I don't even sell motorbikes .

It isn't a nag or a complaint, because as the article said, I like reading the magazine and looking at the stats and figures, however I don't really want this to happen to any future interviewee, because it was a little embarassing.

I think its the set way these pieces are wrote, quoting the full name once then using the surname thereafter. A quick scan of the magazine and I can see this format is used in most the articles. I guess it just sounds a little strange when it's you own name and if like me you prefer using first names rather then Mr X or Surnames etc. 

As for the CRB/motorcycle, that just bad copy. 

As for page 3, sorry but what was on there this issue was far nicer!!!!!

Hi guys. Sorry about this. I'll slap the relevant person around the head.

And you're right surname is style. First name and surname first instance then surname after that.

It's been like that since issue one.

Apologies about the errors though. I'll find out what happened.

Hi James

I've investigated this fully now and unfortunately it's been a combination of mishearing, lack of knowledge and poor checking.

Our reporter unfortunately misheard 'CR-V' for 'CRB'. Which we all know is neither a car or bike.

To compound matters our freelance sub-editor didn't spot it, instead googled CRB to check what it was, didn't realise if it had been a bike to should have been CBR and didn't bother to ask any of us here - despite the magazine being called 'Car Dealer'.

To say this is embarrassing is an understatement. The team and I are all very annoyed this has happened and our apologies for the mistake.

If you'd like to feature as our Member of the Month again next month we'd love to feature your business again - and this time get it right. If you'd like to take me up on this offer email me at james@blackballmedia.co.uk.

Thanks for your continued support of Car Dealer.