James Baggott

What do you do with bikes?

I'm a keen biker. Love motorbikes nearly as much as cars. I've often wondered what rules you guys have to trading in bikes for cars.

I often see the odd bike on sites around the Car Dealer offices and wonder how does the dealer know what he's buying is any good? Let's face it, it's hard enough with cars let alone bikes too.

What do you do? Flat out refuse to take them or have another avenue to deal with them? I'd be interested to know.

Over the years I've been offered the odd bike or two! I don't really understand the market and as usual the customer always wants retail price!

I've always tried to place the bike to a Bike dealer - but failed pretty much every time! Not to say I haven't sold the customer a car - they've decided the offer was too low bought the car and tried to sell the bike them selves !  

Last time it was a very special American import that I placed on ATM - Got couple of ( I thought) sensible bids but customer was expecting retail ..... He's still got the bike as he's not willing to as he says " Give it away " !!

I've had 2 attemps at riding a motorbike, both times I fell off. I took at 50cc scooter in p/x once, I lost money.

What do I do with bikes......ignore them!!!!