Sign in to follow this  
jimreidvehicle

When did the DVLA start employing 2 year olds in Admin?

Yes this is actually a REAL envelope that arrived at our address containing cherished transfer tax discs and documents from DVLA, can you imagine what would happen if we filled in the forms in this state?

letterdvla.png

• Like 2

DVLA never stop amazing me. Last month I sent a cherished transfer off and forgot to put in the cheque, silly mistake but I'm sure I'm not the first. So I phone them up and explained, offered to pay over the phone but they claim there is no way of linking a payment to the forms, I asked if they would call me as both my telephone number and the customers number is on the form once the forms got processed, no, they just send them back (Why bother ask for phone number then??).

The cherished transfer before that was rejected because the car the plate was going on already had a private plate on (had had 2 owners since), I had to write a letter on behalf of the customer declaring they had no interest in plate. Yet again a simple phone call would have sorted this and saved time and postage. It's an organisation that seems stuck in the dark ages and who seen to have no interest in engaging with independant dealers.

Theres nothing like a simple phone call with the DVLA. Press 1 for this, 2 for that, 9 if you want to be held in a queue or the best one yet, 'all of our 270 operators are currently busy, please call back later'

Most frustrating organisation in the motor trade.

that envelope is crazy, how could they even let it out the building.

i lost a sale today thanks to the dvla, he comes back tommorow for his deposit back, i cant tax his car, i could have taxed his car if the local dvla office was still open, post office cant do it, phoned dvla, previous owner hasnt put it into trade, still registered in his/her name, sorry sir wait 4 to 6 weeks, in other words we dont care

Loving the envelope.

This, in a nutshell, is the net result of 21st Century education in the UK.

Without a spell or grammar checker and no way of prettying up the font, the numpty who filled that in didn't stand a chance...