Sign in to follow this  
Gavin@Rousdon

Most essential modern feature on cars??

Thinking back to selling cars 20 years ago 'Power steering' was a major selling point (remember everyone throwing their arms through the drivers window at auctions to rock the steering!!) modern cars seem crammed with features, SAT NAV, Heated Seat Cruise Control, Air Con  etc etc

Looking around your forecourt, if you had to jump in a car to do a few miles in today what the one feature that would make you choose a certain car over another (apart from half a tank of fuel and tax!!!) ???

For me its a Bluetooth phone connection everytime, if i'm driving without it my phone never stops ringing, closely followed by DAB Digital radio. SAT NAV never bothers me because I have no intention of getting lost (but normally do!!)

So whats everyone else's ?

Fuel and tax is the one for me as I only live a mile or so from work. Just moved house and my neighbour actually asked me the other day what I do for a living 'as theres always a different car outside!'

DAB - so annoying it's unreal. Car I was in at the weekend had DAB. I was listening to the F1 and when the signal dropped out (on the M4, so no backwater), it just disappears. At least with FM you get to hear a little albeit a bit fuzzy. I think DAB really needs sorting properly before the big switch off.

I agree on Bluetooth - an absolute must. And iPhone music integration is vital these days. Anything to stave off Steve Wright. Not loving the show, Steve...

I know it is a feature on most cars now but Isofix car seat compatibility, to families is a real selling point. Agreed with the Bluetooth comment.