Sign in to follow this  
It's me

chuck another lada on the fire

10 hours ago, s and b said:

really needed to sit in a lada riva today to have a proper warm

Ladas !I have great memories of Ladas.Easy to buy,good margins,easy punters,no warranty claims.

2 hours ago, tradex said:

F*@king heavy steering though!

Great old tubs, always liked them.

Can't be many left judging by all the youtube crash videos;)

Most of them went back to Russia.I can recall traders in the north picking them up and taking them to Hartlepool docks I think and getting good money for them from Russian trawlermen !

just reminded me of the lada samuri

i remember why it was called this as i nicked a 3 year old one from a blokes house 5 days before christmas and drove it to the block,i never made it as it dropped a big end on the way with no warnings

lovely christmas.not

I have a friend who works as a shipping broker and still quite often they have Russian ships going back home with cargo and he has to explain to the captains that they can't strap cars to the hatch covers for insurance reasons. Not Ladas anymore but plenty of high miles 7 series and E class.

On a Soviet note; i'm currently reading 'The Yugo -the rise and fall of the worst car in history' by Jason Vuic. It's about the introduction of the Yugo into America...no spoilers though because I haven't finished it!

Well worth a look if the missus doesn't know what to get you

16 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

I have a friend who works as a shipping broker and still quite often they have Russian ships going back home with cargo and he has to explain to the captains that they can't strap cars to the hatch covers for insurance reasons. Not Ladas anymore but plenty of high miles 7 series and E class.

On a Soviet note; i'm currently reading 'The Yugo -the rise and fall of the worst car in history' by Jason Vuic. It's about the introduction of the Yugo into America...no spoilers though because I haven't finished it!

Well worth a look if the missus doesn't know what to get you

The Yugo story ,I will get that,thank you.Just finished The Delorean Story -Nick Sutton ,you have got to read that !

34 minutes ago, trade vet said:

The Yugo story ,I will get that,thank you.Just finished The Delorean Story -Nick Sutton ,you have got to read that !

I'll give it a go!

The Yugo one is brilliant because we all love an underdog, it's a great tale so far.

31 minutes ago, tradex said:

Samara?

....not forgetting those FSP/Polski FIAT's

FSO..damn my fingers

Polski Fiats ,we sold a good few of them.I seem to recall if they were 2 or 3 years old and provided you kept them below £600,they would sell.They did a pick up as well ,they may have been even better sellers!........ Past glories again 

On 14/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, trade vet said:

Polski Fiats ,we sold a good few of them.I seem to recall if they were 2 or 3 years old and provided you kept them below £600,they would sell.They did a pick up as well ,they may have been even better sellers!........ Past glories again 

double front wishbones and rusty to hell before 3 years old,i used to gmf anyone who came to see me for a tracking or bang the spanners around and just charge them for a job not done

dont you just love the 80's:D

20 minutes ago, s and b said:

double front wishbones and rusty to hell before 3 years old,i used to gmf anyone who came to see me for a tracking or bang the spanners around and just charge them for a job not done

dont you just love the 80's:D

gmf  ?