Sign in to follow this  
Andy Entwistle

Trading Up - Part Exchanges Needed

And so it starts again.

You may remember a couple of years ago, with the help of our readers, we managed to trade up from pretty much Zip to a Porsche 911, which was sold and the proceeds went to Ben.

Well, we're doing it all again, and this time I'm in the driving seat. I'm hoping to prove that a background in the oily side of the industry (me) will beat a background in poncing around driving cars and telling the world about em ! (Baggott)

I'm starting with £2k and i'm aiming to trade up to some sort of supercar within 12 Months (18 at a stretch). We'll then use our contacts to get this properly sorted before selling it with the proceeds going to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

In case you missed the last time we did this, we're looking to our readers to help us secure stock through their part ex's and unwanted vehicles at a "good" price, ( we also have access to some of the trade sites) which we'll take on, spruce up and sell on, with the profit going into the next car.

So, I have £2k burning a hole in my pocket, has anyone got anything they can let us have around this price, something we can make a few quid on, the more unusual the better. Don't get me wrong, i'll take a Focus at the right price, but something sporty, unusual, upmarket or just different should make for an interesting read.

If you have anything can you drop me a line Andy@blackballmedia.co.uk

Cheers all

'Poncing around'... I'll have you know Entwistle that they are vital 'information gathering' exercises. 

Seriously though, good luck with it - Great Ormond Street is an incredible cause. 

Andy, we have a lovely Rav 4 3dr on a 53 plate coming in, the trade tells me it's heavy in the book! CAP clean at £2950 from memory, I'm sure we could do something with your £2k! to get the ball rolling. Give me a shout it's coming in on Wednesday, CT to transfer which takes two weeks, but lovely car, I can e-mail you details if you e-mail your interest jim@jimreidvehiclesales.co.uk  

• Like 1

Jim - Andy is out of the office today but I'm sure he'd love to hear about the car. I think you have his email address but if not it's andy@blackballmedia.co.uk.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Just thought i'd bump this,

We've now moved on the latest one and the jag looks hopeful to go. I had been promised an A4 cab cheap, but the dealer has gone suspiciously quiet. Going to have a couple of thousand or so to spend ( up to £3k max). If anyone has ant part ex's that they can't retail and wants to push them our way for our charity feature drop me a line on here or email me Andy@blackballmedia.co.uk 

Cheers All

( PS - incase you didn't read the mag, Jim's Rav4 did us proud - thank Jim)

• Like 1