Sign in to follow this  
umesh

Images for website

Quick Question - I get a bit carried away taking lots of pictures of all the cars , some up to 40 Images ! Obviously all this takes a lot of time not only taking the actual pictures but rescaling - naming them all.

Is there a faster way ? what does everyone else do ?

I know autos on show have a system where you literally walk around the car with a camera it does a video and then make approx. 10 images automatically - great for a big operation but not cost effective for someone like me.

Any suggestions/ help appreciated!

I'm the same as you Umesh - digital camera and spend time uploading etc.

As a car buyer the more pictures the better for me. And video. I heard an interesting point the other day - why not focus on the bad points of the car too? Everyone knows what an unmarked alloy wheel looks like but a small bit of kerb damage can be very unique.

Showing off the minor marks and scrapes clearly shows the customer that you've got nothing to hide and they'll be fully prepared when they visit.

Just a thought..

I don't think I would, James. I can see exactly your point but there would be so many other motors out there not showing faults that you're likely to lose out. I'd like to add video to our website, not sure I'm the right man for it though, and we certainly can't afford pro's.

James , Depending on car and only odd car I've shown the mark ..However personally I prefer to get the car prepped to the highest standard to retail sol that when the customer does arrive - its all ready to go! Why leave scrapes/marks on for the customer to only find faults ?

Umesh - can you not bulk upload your images to your website dashboard and your web providers system will automatically make the web ready for sizing? Your camera setting should be setup to as close as poss to match website sizing i.e. 640x480 etc

With regards video - learning to shoot a 60sec video surely is quicker than 40 pics. The software in Youtube is good enough to use and make good productions. Most decent smartphones have a good camera on them these days, then just buy a related steady cam cradle and your away!

We're predicting video in 2014 is going to see a big shift in use buy dealers looking to provide the next level of customer service....

Imagine getting a personalised video sent to you on the car your looking at. Essentially it would be 3 clips merged together; intro saying hi to the customer. Then the stock video of the car. Last clip again directed to your customer with contact details and AOB.....

At that garage, you'll be selling more cars!

• Like 2

Hi Simon, Currently not ..but soon will be able to bulk load and automatically resize ! Can't wait :) !

video is something I want to do more of ..just need to get more focused and get on with it...... and think about 60 seconds or so is about right !

With regards video - learning to shoot a 60sec video surely is quicker than 40 pics. The software in Youtube is good enough to use and make good productions. Most decent smartphones have a good camera on them these days, then just buy a related steady cam cradle and your away!

ANy idea where I can learn to shoot a decent 60 second video? For free, obviously :)

Who's going to sit and browse through 80 images? Seems OTT to me.

Busy fools ay it, as we say 'round here.

Ah right. Got folks down in Herefordshire, beautiful area.

Stephen - Images You have the research ..however having just sold a few cars to customers from some distance 'they told me' was because of the number & quality of images I have on my website , some I do get a bit carried away with but examples are Audi A8 to Hastings ,A4 S Line to Highlands, Passat CC to Gloucester to name a few !   Number & Quality definitely sells cars for ME! :)