Sign in to follow this  
Ben at Glass's

Glass's FREE Monthly Market Report - November

Hi everyone

Our second Monthly Car Market report is now available for instant complimentary download (no need to fill in your details): http://www.glassbusiness.co.uk/assets/uk-assets/pdfs/mcm_nov17.pdf 

Inside this complimentary report you will find:

• New car market - overview, fuel split and the impact of fleet buying
  • Used car market - overview, retail volume and stock days
  • Residual Values - performance and our accuracy
  • Live retail market - October's fastest sellers
  • Dealer market survey feedback - thanks to those of you on this forum who took part, we had a record number of responses last month!

DOWNLOAD GLASS'S MONTHLY MARKET REPORT

We are sure you will find it of interest and would be glad to hear any feedback you might have.

Thanks

Ben

So according to this survey,we have to rush out and buy Dacia's.I can honestly say I have never had a punter ask for a Dacia.I would be interested to know,if there is anyone on here who is 'knocking ' out Dacias or even retailed one last month.There is only 1500 in total on AT .The last one we took in must have been late 80's when most of the trade would not touch them.Am I missing something here !

Don’t expect a reply. These parasites aren’t shy asking for free assistance but they won’t give you the steam off their shit and certainly won’t reduce themselves to answering genuine queries on their pisspoor report generated by a desk jockey who’s probably never sold a car in their lives.

SPAM - DELETE :lol:

Dacia are for people who want the cheapest crappiest most horrible new car, just so they can get through the new 2/3 year warranty period without worry or expense. These people hate cars, they have no interest in cars, they are just cheap.... Anyone who would even contemplate buying a used example would have to be even lower....

Just my opinion...

Just imagine the type of customer you would have to deal with who is after a used Dacia..... 

the dacia is just a clio without the bits that go wrong

personally never bought one but i recommended a customer buy one for his business and hes more than chuffed with it

FAO of Ben at Glasses

I think it is fair to say that the feedback you are getting about Dacia may be at odds with your market report.

19 hours ago, tradex said:

Just been reading that link and the statements that 'residuals have come down' and that 'stock levels have increased' type thing. Does not tally with what we are seeing thru the hall across prices ranges (maybe on 1 to 2 year old gear) and what the rest of the trade are shouting and screaming about.

Could you explain how you have come to that summary, to an idiot like myself? Keep it simple though:)

Hi Tradex

Our Editors attended 15 auctions in person in October and the same again through online auctions. They also speak to the vendors and leasing companies selling stock as well as the auction houses themselves. In addition, they regularly discuss market conditions with many dealers of all different sizes and with a wide range of stock profiles. Obviously, conditions vary across the UK and from site to site, but their general feeling was that values and demand were high at the start of the month, particularly on small cars which tended to be petrol.

From what they saw, the level of demand was falling towards the end of the month and - as a result - they reported that stock levels were rising and prices falling away. Our trade values are, and always have been, a guide price for the whole of the UK designed to complement the local knowledge of dealers which is unparalleled and irreplaceable.

If you can let us know where you do business and what auctions you regularly visit, I’d happily let you know when one of our Editors is around your way.

Ben

18 hours ago, trade vet said:

So according to this survey,we have to rush out and buy Dacia's.I can honestly say I have never had a punter ask for a Dacia.I would be interested to know,if there is anyone on here who is 'knocking ' out Dacias or even retailed one last month.There is only 1500 in total on AT .The last one we took in must have been late 80's when most of the trade would not touch them.Am I missing something here !

Hi trade vet

To clarify, the page about the fastest selling cars isn’t from survey results. It’s taken from our Live Retail Pricing data and is based on trade-only adverts across the UK’s leading advertising portals. To be included, there needs to be a minimum of 50 sales a month in order to avoid randomly quirky models getting in and so that we can show the most accurate picture of what’s selling well. The interactive map - http://www.glassbusiness.co.uk/fastest-selling-cars - allows you to look at regional variations and go back 6 months. You will see that Dacia’s feature regularly!

The fact they sell quickly has nothing to do with quality or desirability, especially in the eyes of car enthusiasts. I assume, as others have alluded to here, that they are very popular with people who see a car simply as a means of getting from A to B.

Ben