Sign in to follow this  
jimreidvehicle

RE: Car Dealer’s Used Car Award and Eward winners revealed

Well done to the Car Dealer Magazine Team & Mike Brewer for hosting such a fantastic & friendly night last night! Well done to ALL the winners but a special mention for Umesh Samani for winning two awards last night, our very own Sales Manager Phil Buchan for winning F&I Upsell award and to ALL our Team at Jim Reid Vehicle Sales for winning Best Used Car Sales Dealership Award 51-100 cars & a highly commended for Customer Care! You have made me very very proud:-) Jim

• Like 1

Just have to express my thanks for an 'awesome' night ! still on cloud nine and speechless.

Great event - Great hosts and well done to all the other winners, also managed to meet so many people who I've been tweeting/ chatting with!

Thanks again to all the guys & girls in the background who did a great job but sometimes get forgotten!

2 Awards and wearing a Kilt for the 1st time ! #LovingTheExperiance :)

Huge congrats to all who won, nearly won, and organised. Sounds a great evening and some well deserving winners.

I'll be sure to enter James, but ours is a tiny independant dealer with just fresh faced (what? At 40?!!) me and my gaffer with a pitch of 20ish motors, so I'm not sure where we'd fit in.

There's room for all in these awards. We have one specifically for smaller dealers like you - Used Car Dealer of the Year (under 50 cars in stock).

Got to be in it to win it...

• Like 1

I'll make sure we enter bud. Maybe you could have e-awards for the smaller bracket too?

Can I suggest a couple or three new awards?

Newcomer of the year (that's me :) ) < 50 cars and one for >50

Personal Achievement of the year (both categories)

Event of the year (be it charity or whatever) (both categories)

The 'Extra Mile' award (both categories)

And perhaps some awards voted by used car dealers, e.g. best used car, most reliable, and so on.

Ian, as James said you have to be 'in it to win it' We proved that this year, scooping two awards thanks to our Team Reid! and a Highly Commended, i'm a fresh faced 44 year old! and my Sales Manager who won Upsales and F&I Performance of the Year is only 23 years old, with less than 5 years in the trade, so as James said  , get your self entered! it was a great night!

• Like 2

I'll be sure to Jim! I'm only a couple of years behind you but life started all over again for me this summer after a very, very close brush with the grim reaper. I never thought I'd be starting a new career at my age, never mind selling motors, but I love it and find it very natural. See you at the awards next year!

• Like 2

Ian , I'm a one man band - small dealer ! never did I ever think I'd be good enough to be part of these awards but walked away with 2 awards ( Still on cloud nine !)  ! so proves size in case doesn't matter ! and said by other " Got to be in it to win it ....." Good luck !

• Like 1

What a superb achievement for you Umesh, you should be mightily proud. I hope to be on cloud nine this time next year!