Sign in to follow this  
James Baggott

RE: Confirmed: Dealer group Verve in administration

really , really sad to see yet another high profile group go into administration. just proves its still tough out there. Little pockets doing well but from what I hear/see lots still struggling to keep afloat.

Lets hope we don't see too many cases like this and hope that the group gets snapped up and jobs are safe.

Sad news.

I guess the other side of the coin north of the border is the likes of Pete Vardy and John Clarke seem to be doing well, as are the major auction companies up there.

Agree with all the comments, it's always very sad to see anyone lose jobs and especially at this time of year. We have done some business with Verve in the past who at the time were very active on the re-marketing end of the spectrum, however have not seen them at this for a while.

It just goes to show that the job is still very hard and unless you focus 100% on it, it is very easy to lose the place and in this case your business!

This part of Central Scotland has always been a difficult one to deal in as there is a distinct lack of money, this along with 5 years of very difficult trading conditions has obviously taken it's toll.

As Sparky has quite rightly said there are a good few winners out there, Peter Vardy , John Clark especially up our way (Aberdeen) are doing well it seems along with Arnold Clark, however the long term of this could be different as selling cars is one thing , looking after them when they own is the other and I'm not convinced that any of these large dealers have got it right IMHO. There will always be a place in this trade for small and medium business's who can look after their customers. I have said this several times this week " Customer Care 1st, Profit 2nd" if more of the larger dealers and manufacturers looked at business in this manner there would be less dealers going out of business! Training is key!