Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Auction provisionals

As far as the big two are concerned, what is the max time they have to inform you of a provisional bid decision, 24hrs?

I 'thought' it was 24hrs to allow for evening sales. But is there a 'cut off' time for provisionals to stay live, as such.

not part of the big two but our local auctions, i never push them as there often waiting for an answer on several cars from the same vendor, i know some garages push for an answer early and the block just say its been declined.

3 hours ago, met said:

As far as the big two are concerned, what is the max time they have to inform you of a provisional bid decision, 24hrs?

I think we first need to know the circumstances !

10 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I think we first need to know the circumstances !

Just curiousity.

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

not part of the big two but our local auctions, i never push them as there often waiting for an answer on several cars from the same vendor, i know some garages push for an answer early and the block just say its been declined.

Yes, this is my understanding. "the longer your hook's in the water, the more chance of a bite". But, I'd rather a quick no if you see what I mean.

Agreed i would rather know where i am, but sometimes its a waiting game next auction sometimes i have had the same car for a few pounds less.