Sign in to follow this  

Hands Free

What do you think about the suggestion of banning "hands free" car kits?

Isn't the clue in the name?

We will ban changing the radio next.

That's just crazy ! no conversations either in cars .. ! People do sometimes get engrossed in conversations on 'hands free' but personally shouldn't be banned.

Only this morning nearly got hit twice on coming cars 'appeared to be reading txt - looking down - coming towards my side of the road - or they were falling asleep! then last minute realised and pulled to their side!

WHY is it so important to do that whilst driving I'll never understand !

Talking of hands free I see a lot of ' prestige' cars Bentleys, Porsche, BMW , Mercedes... "Drivers" using the phone is it they are too idle to set the phone up to Bluetooth or simply think its 'cool' to use the hand held phone!

Isn't this a idea by the charity 'Brake', who despite good intentions towards safety seem to come out with the most anti-driver ideas such as lower speed limits on motorways, zero alchool limits which seem designed solely to take people of the road. The truth is that people are going to speak on their phone in a car no matter what, a hands free system is the safest way and is no different to speaking to someone sat next to you. I would say a SAT NAV is more dangerous then hands free as its something you looks at rather then the road.

Also as humans we deal with distractions whilst carring out  tasks 24 hours a day. If we drove a car and focused solely on that task we would quickly get in a 'zone' where we cut out noise and activity around us (proved by most Nissan Micra drivers!!) which is far more dangerous.

Umesh - that's a good point about the prestige car drivers.

Perhaps delivery of any vehicle should include setting up of the customers phone to the car's Bluetooth?

Gavin - Completely agree about SAT NAV versus phone..........not that I would want my SAT NAV to be taken away from me.