Sign in to follow this  
umesh

* FRAUD WARNING *

Guys just need to bring to your attention of a guy who’s scammed his former employee out of thousands of ££££
Changed bank details on the invoice so the dealers pay into his account as opposed to the business !
Full details on http://www.theimdaforum.co.uk ( Formerly twitter car dealer forum !) http://twittercardealers.ning.com/

Just worth noting !

I heard of a dealer the other day that got took for £40,000 over a period of time. My question was how did they not notice? 

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

I heard of a dealer the other day that got took for £40,000 over a period of time. My question was how did they not notice? 

Big/ bigger dealers £40k doesn't really show a shortfall in the cash flow / system , I've heard about Ten of thousands£££  with some BIG players and it took months and months before they find an issue /shortfall ! 

Just very sad that these people are put in place of trust and abuse that trust! 

Heard a few years back small franchised dealer had new sales man , He was always willing to work wekkend's etc , The owner thought wow, this is a great find, ... as time goes on owner steps back a little bit more ! 

Salesman off ill one week customer comes in with an issue on a car he'd bought over the weekend - a cheapie , no trace of sale or that vehicle - Long story short , you can guess .. the salesman was selling majority of the swappers for cash - most deals showed no PX , Can of worms opened that day - I Remember him telling me how heart broken he was and thought there was at least 7/8 cars a month being sold by the salesman and pocketing all the money ! 

• Like 1

Have you noticed,it is usually franchised dealers which have these problems.I recall a main dealer who often had new,unreg'd cars stolen unnoticed from their ' secure' compound. While most of us could have a 50-100 car pitch,walk in at any time,scan the stock and know which car was missing or probably if one was wrongly priced up by £50 !

On 9/9/2017 at 6:09 PM, trade vet said:

Have you noticed,it is usually franchised dealers which have these problems.I recall a main dealer who often had new,unreg'd cars stolen unnoticed from their ' secure' compound. While most of us could have a 50-100 car pitch,walk in at any time,scan the stock and know which car was missing or probably if one was wrongly priced up by £50 !

#franchised Funny you should say that .... A few a go friend of mine worked at a franchised dealer that had been taken over [ same sales manager - that;'s the important bit ] .. Comes to my friend who was in after sales asking about some cars which were showing up on stock and if he knew anything about it ?

All these cars had sat at their compound for just short of 12 months - Brand new ( Pre reg) about 10 I think of memory .. How could someone FORGET all all these cars ??? And the fact that he was in charge when they were registered !