Sign in to follow this  
2435mick

website, is it worth it

Hi all, Ive been thinking about creating a website for my small dealership (three to four car stock but changes almost daily) just trying to gauge if its worth throwing a hundred or two at a website or not....any advice would be appreciated

Edited by 2435mick
spelling error

Hi

In another business I tried this and found that's it's massively time consuming to try and get your garage any where near the top of the google search without spending money on google adwords etc

best bet is fscebook I think spreads quickly, I know someone that had over 5k genuine followers/likes he just offered free things to share it for instance win free full valet costs you next to nothing but will get shared quickly and easily and do pics of the fee valet with customer win win and not very much outlay 

hope this helps

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2435mick said:

Hi all, Ive been thinking about creating a website for my small dealership (three to four car stock but changes almost daily) just trying to gauge if its worth throwing a hundred or two at a website or not....any advice would be appreciated

Yes, it'll add value and legitimise your business, customers will search for your website. I use CarDealer5, they're websites are excellent value, easy to use and I can highly recommend them in every respect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Yes, it'll add value and legitimise your business, customers will search for your website. I use CarDealer5, they're websites are excellent value, easy to use and I can highly recommend them in every respect. 

Seconded !

You've got to have a website ! thats your shop front regardless of how many cars you have , people need to know all about you / your business etc ! And you'll also be amazed at how many keep an eye on your website for new stock arriving to buy for themselves or recommend others to your cars/website ! 

• Like 3

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, umesh said:

You've got to have a website ! thats your shop front regardless of how many cars you have , people need to know all about you / your business etc ! And you'll also be amazed at how many keep an eye on your website for new stock arriving to buy for themselves or recommend others to your cars/website ! 

Have to agree with umesh here, branding is key. 

• Like 1

On 03/09/2017 at 0:16 AM, Stephen said:

In another business I tried this and found that's it's massively time consuming to try and get your garage any where near the top of the google search without spending money on google adwords etc

Setting up a website does not have to be time consuming or costly at all nowadays. You can create a professional website with hosting for about 10 pounds a month with companies like Wix and Wordpress.org. They really are no hassle, especially if you have had your business for a while. Make sure you have some photos and some info about your shop (remember to include the important info like when you are open etc) and then take half a day out and add your company to sites like My Google Business and you will start to stand a chance at ranking high enough to be seen.

Nonetheless, having a website is almost expected of companies nowadays. Remember, they are not just for acquiring new customers, they are also massively useful for keeping old ones. I would argue that not having a website is actually detrimental to your success and the small amount of work that is necessary to set up a site to tell people where to find your shop will make all the difference. Plus, if your company grows, it will be a great springboard for larger marketing campaigns.