Muzo

Bmw 320d se any idea

Hi guys first of all I would like to say thank you all for sharing your experiences thoughs and knowledge I have been here for a week now I promise I have learned a lot thank you.my problem is bought a bmw 320d se diesel 06 plate paid hammer price £3100 about £400 pounds fee from manheim Newcastle it starts beutifull half way home lights flashing something wrong took it mechanic said clutch gone it was juddering engines turbo gone priced 2,500 k take it back to manheim two week not sold iam stuck with it i know I shouldn't bought it but it looked beautiful anyway any suggestions please I really appreciate it thank you all

so its back in at manheim as a part ex direct?

and 400 in fees are you a private buyer?

Ohh not good have you thought about taking it to another garage? For a second opinion seems expensive but I'm new 

good luck hope u get it sorted

No iam a trader. with some reason fees are very high car is still at manheim at the moment thinking to bring back home iam trading from home iam new at trading iwas selling cars 20 years ago but i had a long break sick of cooking now decided to come back but everything changed unfortunately 

Seriously, get out of it as quick as you can. Block it, take the loss and get some of your money back, otherwise it'll continue to eat your pocket and confidence. Accepting  losses are part of the game, you buy on the block you throw the dice....

Sorry for being naive but if you buy at auction doesn't matter what goes wrong on way home the aren't liable at all? Shud have started an auction house lol

This things can happen to anyone i put it as expensive experience thank all for replying 

Stephan What iam saying is car was faulty before I bought the buggar auction house dont let you test drive 

1 minute ago, Muzo said:

This things can happen to anyone i put it as expensive experience thank all for replying 

These things can happen to anyone but looking at one of your last posts....

2 minutes ago, Muzo said:

Hi everyone hope you all well iam new here and my first post. here it goes I bought a audi a3 1,2L convertible 2011 reg 71K part service history beutifull car in blue cost £6.200 tried to sell £6995 at Autotraderfor three weeks advertised 2calls didn't sell sold it to a carbuying company for £4600. iam learning the hard way thanks for reading

I'd suggest firing up the stove again

Saved me a fortune I'm defo never buying at auction, this definitely isn't as easy as advertised making money off cars 

We all have to dream sometimes if you dont try you never know thank you

I was a bit harsh but you'll have lost the best part of £4k in two cars. I've probably lost about £1000 in the last two years, obviously massively outweighed by profits on cars, I'm not bragging just saying. It just seems like you are making some pretty big mistakes like advertising a car for three weeks then just flogging it onto The Car Buying Group - surely you'd assess the pricing, redo the ad and advertise again before throwing away money? 3 weeks is a small amount of time for a £7k car. As a trader, for me, a We Buy Any Car type setup is a last, last resort.

If you want to carry on try buying some cheaper cars. At least you'll reduce your losses. Do your research before. Price them and set your limits. When there watch what everyone else does - what they check, what they're asking the drivers etc etc. 

All the best anyway

Mojo121 thank you for understanding I really appreciate it i take on board thank you

This is getting like mumsnet, you bought a stinker that's why it's at auction, your fees are expensive as you rarely buy cars from them, it's an awful world out there 

you don't sell cars to car buying groups, are you sure you're trade as theyll not buy a car unless it's in your name 

i can see a lot of people losing a lot of money 

26 minutes ago, Muzo said:

We all have to dream sometimes if you dont try you never know thank you

I wanted to be an actor but I'm not good looking and can't act,  so I sell cars 

• Like 1

Andymc1973 i realise now it's hard can you suggest any way to get a cheap cars to buy and sell if you good at what you do stick to it thanks for the replay i can assure you iam trader dont need to prove to anyone 

9 minutes ago, Muzo said:

Andymc1973 i realise now it's hard can you suggest any way to get a cheap cars to buy and sell if you good at what you do stick to it thanks for the replay i can assure you iam trader dont need to prove to anyone 

The fastest way to make money is to solve a problem. The bigger the problem you solve, the more money you make.

• Like 2

There's no advice you can give, with time you'll realize the fly wheel will have been knocking and why wasn't the car silver assured? Probably as the turbo was smoking 

I may sound harsh but it sounds like you're out of your depth 

think i need an ed china lol Unless your free to view everything or me andy? :-)

lads, i was a salesman for a lot of years in and around the trade, without putting a dampener on things you can't just start buying cars to sell

• Like 1

I know for a fact I cant, but theres only one way to learn and this site is very helpful. Think without a doubt if I go to auctions I need to take a mechanic and try and learn the basics myself asap. Before coming on here and talking to people like yourself I would have probs went to auctions got bid up and bought someones elses problem. Plus people like yourself have helped me out no end and probs already saved me thousands. But I need to learn about the mechanics and need to get the basics learned pretty quick, not sure how but need to desperately look into it. I was in engineering for over 10 years but cars are a whole new ball game, I probably wouldn't have heard a knocking flywheel but definitely will listen for it now

I'm not as worried about the sales as done if for years in various industries b2b and retail. But again need to look at legal side as that's different for every industry

I'm hopefully in this for the long haul and currently don't need to make money doing it but I do need to gain a massive amount of knowledge in a short amount of time, I'm giving myself a year and if it works great if not as long as I tried my best I will walk away happy. Most of all I need to enjoy it and think I will

Thanks For help from all especially andy