Sign in to follow this  
MattGM

Holidays

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

New number, women troubles :lol: I have text you now. You probably have about ten numbers for me by now 

i have, have you "came out" again x

On 07/07/2017 at 8:34 AM, sparky said:

Take a leaf out of Mat C's book and get it booked, then book again, and again on your return :)

I never used to take them but now I agree with William, life is too short. Sadly we've booked nothing for this year apart from a little golf holiday for moi on religious grounds. Next year though we're off to Barbados, doors closed, phones off.

Ha Ha, My mates call me Judith...

In all seriousness, Holidays are what I work for, life's too short. Here's what I do.

I stick all my cars up by £2000 the day before i go so they are unrealistically priced. I check my phone periodically on holiday and if i get an enquiry, happy days.... but I see my enquiries drop 95% easily. Day before I come home, a nice Facebook post saying all my prices have been adjusted and come on down for a deal. I stick all my prices back to pre Holiday money or a tad less and wait for the phone to ring. Usually works a treat, however this May we went away for almost 3 weeks and had a crap month, but just worked double hard in June and July and its paying off. I went o Mexico last December too!!

Thinking of Booking my next one for this December soon :D:D

Cheers for the advice guys, we've decided (honestly, I was involved in the decision) to book up for the dealer's holiday destination of choice, Mexico, for 11 nights next May.

My old man's going to come in and deal under instruction, he's going to spend some time with me going through my OCD routine of paperwork and procedures, and I've told him if he does a really good job, I'll take another holiday in September so he can enjoy it some more.

Work to live, not live to work :D

On 07/07/2017 at 9:52 PM, Mojo121 said:

Just saw this and thought it might be up your street Matt... that's not you in the vid is it?;)

Interesting a watch as that was, I'd hate to be involved in that level of restoration! Especially on those old donkeys, nothing but headaches those old V8s.

And that's definitely not me, not with that brummy accent and that much enthusiasm :lol:

I've just got back from a week away. My phone was OFF and my voicemail was OFF, i've got a temporary message saying when i'm back and I don't turn my phone back on until i get off the plane in the UK! I work pretty much 7 days a week as a one man band operation so a total shutdown is essential for my sanity :wacko: 

I don't care if my premises have been invaded by travellers and all my cars are on fire, it can wait until i'm back!

In the early days i kept my phone on and answered calls whilst away but then you end up just working whilst away, might as well not bother going away.

I've also tried having a temporary helper or family member cover for the week but its more hassle than its worth, end up on the phone all day being bombarded with questions.

My advice, SWITCH OFF AND SHUTDOWN! You'll be more productive when you come back.