jimreidvehicle

Are you fed up paying huge online classified costs?

i occasionally ask a walk on customer how they found out about the car, they may have just been driving past so i ask them in a way  so it doesnt seem like a "survey" for example " are you local?" if so we could like we after you in future ? if the answers ebay, then i know they mean autotrader, as i dont use ebay ! [ have tried].

But it does show they have looked on ebay as well when searching, tell you what i do, play the customers part,look myself, a/trader, ebay, gumtree, all the usual including local papers, see how hard it is to find a lets say focus, that looks good, localish and well presented advert, and i find myself back on a/trader, yes theyre exspensive [ how much have i spent over 20 years ? gulp! ] but they move stock, and if they dont i reappraise my vehicle, but a funny story is sometimes you can be asking too low a price, i have sold better when ive raised my asking price but thats another story for another day, sorry rambling, what was the question, too exspensive YES! but, if the price was lowered would we get even more competion from other dealers jumping on the lowered price? one to be considered ?

Say a man is after a focus for  5k, diesel, under 70k and within 60 miles then AT will be his first port of call and I doubt he is going to go on ebay or anything else to look  for something. Why would he when he has plenty of choice on AT? But if he is after a 7 seater, an automatic or a 4x4 then AT is not going to throw up as many results as the focus and so he may well be tempted or indeed have to look at other platforms to find the car he wants. 

During my coffee break research,I must admit I'm surprised at the amount of 'proper' dealers who are not on AT but who are selling cars on ebay or one of the others. I guess it proves it can be done if done properly.

I

Can't be £30 a month - Bet its £30- per week ! No one in the right mind would not try it £30 per month if offered :)

OK...I've floated a couple of free Gumtree adverts out there. Here's hoping.

And nothing. Not a sniff. Waste of time. It was per month, Umesh.

We've registered for a free trial with findyoucars.com - here's hoping...

Shamless, blatent and all other types of plugging but I couldn't find any rules section to check....

Spidersnet can get all you stock sent to all these sites;

Biz Bee (was Car Pages and Skupe)
Carcliq
Click-Cars
Click Cars
Just Good Cars
Loot
Motoring
Motormart
Oodle
Teletext Cars
Trovit
Used Car Expert

For £50+vat per month! Hell, we'll even broadcast to your third party "paid for" sites too for an extra £40+vat per month! You don't even have to have a website with us....

Sorry CDM if this is not allowed... just trying to help sell some cars for dealers! :)