Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Nice if you can get it

This may get you annoyed.I have just come across the best job in our business.Today,most dealer groups have to jump through hoops to net 1% of T/O.Not Motability Operations,they do £4b and net £250m (@6.5%).So what you have got to do is,get your stock for more than 50% off list,rent it out and get paid by the government,then send it to the block.No showrooms,forecourts,workshops,parts dept,paint shops and not many staff to worry about.The result,£500m on deposit and the CEO pays himself £1m P/A........any comments !

From motability.co.uk

Who we are

We are Motability Operations Ltd, an independent company responsible for the finance, administration and maintenance of the Motability Scheme. All Motability Scheme vehicles are leased to customers by us, and we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

What we do

We support people with disabilities in achieving greater independence, through access to affordable, worry-free mobility. Through the Scheme, we lease cars, scooters and powered wheelchairs to people in exchange for their mobility allowance .

We are passionate about improving the lives of our 650,000 customers and their families, and focus on meeting their needs. We aim to offer unbeatable value, and provide award-winning customer service. All of our profits are reinvested into the Scheme for the benefit of customers.

I am focusing on the last sentence from GreenGiant.I am going to go away and cool down.I will reply to this topic later on.

4 hours ago, GreenGiant said:

From motability.co.uk

Who we are

We are Motability Operations Ltd, an independent company responsible for the finance, administration and maintenance of the Motability Scheme. All Motability Scheme vehicles are leased to customers by us, and we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

What we do

We support people with disabilities in achieving greater independence, through access to affordable, worry-free mobility. Through the Scheme, we lease cars, scooters and powered wheelchairs to people in exchange for their mobility allowance .

We are passionate about improving the lives of our 650,000 customers and their families, and focus on meeting their needs. We aim to offer unbeatable value, and provide award-winning customer service. All of our profits are reinvested into the Scheme for the benefit of customers.

Thank you for your reply Green Giant- could you please explain the following.-                                                                            1)Why do Motability retain most of their huge profits,pay corporation tax and only donate a small proportion of income to charity.Should not all of the surplus be donated and there would be no tax to pay.                                                                                                                                                                          2)Why do they need to sit on a huge cash pile.                                                                                                                                       3) As Motability Operations is a can't fail,little risk monopoly,why do the remuneration committee allow the directors to earn £6.7m with the CEO on £1m.                                                                                                                                                                  4)As the latest accounts appear to show a dramatic drop in profits,do you think that these expensive directors should resign,which would normally happen in the real world.                                                                                                                          5)You say Mobility Operations are passionate about improving the lives of customers.Does that mean they are not only a leasing company dealing in transport for the disabled but they actually help them as well !

6)There must be 1000s of local charities run by volunteers who should be getting a slice of this huge unused  income,can they make an application for funds.

We look forward to your reply GreenGiant.

Peace, brother.

A little word game for you:

Sort the following into a well-known phrase or saying:

tree the up wrong Barking

As you GreenGiant are the Motability spokesperson,your reply is not good enough.Please try again.......Thank you

*Sigh*

The beauty of the internet.

Don't you find that the modern ways of communicating via short messages, forum posts and email etc is that, without context, so much can be misconstrued?

For example, one could easily assume from what has been written here that trade vet is just a bored housewife, pretending to be a motor trader who enjoys trolling the forums for a bit of weekend sport.

But this is probably not the case. The reality may be that she doesn't restrict it to just weekends. Who knows? Without context it is hard to judge. But, using the powers available to us to do a little research, we can find out all sorts of details about people, without them knowing, in order to give us a little more understanding. Thus we can provide context for ourselves and potentially prevent embarrassing misunderstandings

Anyway, it's hot innit?

I brought up this topic because having paid out  millions yes millions in tax,I happen to think that profiteering with public funds is a serious subject.It turns out there has already been questions in Parliament regarding Motability Operations.However what I did not expect was replies from some imposter masquerading as the Motability spokesperson on this forum.

I tried. I really tried.

Ok. Last go.....

Trade vet. See the post I made on Fri 16 Jun at 5.40pm? Have a look at the very, very first line.

Do you see?

It was pointing out that what followed was a quote from the Motability website.

Not from me.

Or from me pretending to be someone from Motability. I was trying to give some context to your original post; some weight to your argument. I was joining in the conversation you started and are so obviously passionate about. Unfortunately, you got hold of the wrong end of the stick and proceeded to beat yourself with it.

And now I wish I'd just let you sit on your high horse shouting in the dark about your wasted millions.